About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, the Environmental Manager is responsible to provide leadership and management of Ensero Field Assessment programs and other projects for Ensero clients.
- Provides direction, project management and assists the performance of Ensero’s environmental planning and field work programs.
- Develops integrated project schedule including critical path for the end to end tasks and activities necessary to successfully implement projects.
- Provides tracking and reporting to plan and develops recovery plans as required.
- Ensures assigned resources are executing on work as planned.
- Works with Client Partner / Project Managers to ensure resources and dependencies are identified and assigned to the project.
- Supports the development of project management principles, processes and procedures including implementation of project management software.
- Supports risk analysis with project management.
- Monitor and promote system environmental health and worker safety compliance;
- Provides technical direction, supervision and leadership in area(s) of expertise to support projects, and to support development of junior/intermediate technical staff.
- Leads and supports the development of technical deliverables and programs in area(s) of expertise.
- Conducts reviews of technical deliverables and programs in area(s) of expertise.
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, and professional development opportunities for direct reports.
- Build team capabilities (recruitment, development, retention, etc.) and manage staff performance including goal setting, defining responsibilities, and determining priorities.
- Interfacing and communication with other managers on scheduling and resource requirements.
- Completes other projects, reporting and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related science (biology, chemistry, hydrology, hydrogeology). A Master’s degree will be considered an asset.
- 8+ years relevant experience in mining or environmental consulting with experience in environmental assessment and permit applications; technical experience in hydrology, hydrogeology, or wildlife biology to support assessment and permitting is considered an asset.
- 3+ years in a leadership and/or project management role.
- Knowledge of and experience in the Yukon’s (and other jurisdictions) impact assessment and licensing regime for resource development projects.
Ensero has offices in Colorado (Denver, Canon City, and Fort Collins) and Canada (Saskatoon, Vancouver and Whitehorse) and is well established as an innovative leader in environmental management, water treatment, remediation technologies, and facility operations. We offer our employees an excellent total rewards experience, which not only includes pay and benefits, but also includes your personal development and growth. We believe in giving you the opportunity to learn and to help make an impact on the sustainability of the environment.