Team Leader - Integrated Water Resources Management and Water Governance Expert (multi West Indies and Latin America)
Developing Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs) for Climate Resilient Water Infrastructure
The 6-month Programme is designed to Develop Standard Operational Operation Procedures (SOPs) for climate resilient water infrastructure and water management and governance across all 16 CARIFORUM countries. The Team Leader with lead a small team:
- Developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for climate resilient infrastructure across CARIFORUM countries, including the faciliation of online workshops;
- Improving knowldedge management, sharing and cooperation among water resources entities;
- Providiing a virtual training programme for the climate resilient water infrastructures SOPs.
The assignement will take place entirely remotely, with no site visits envisaged by the Terms of Reference.
- A Master's degree or its equivalent in their respective area of expertise (hydrogeology, hydrology, watershed science, environmental engineering, environmental sciences, environmental economics, natural resources economics, environmental management, natural resources management or other relevant fields).
- A demonstrated understanding of the projections and impacts of climate change and climate variability with a least 5-10 years experience in field associated with climate data management, which will include:
- At minimum 5 years experience in water distribution and IWRM linkages between sectors, between ecosystems, and between anthropogenic and ecological systems and the data requirements associated with these linkages;
- At minimum 5 years experience in the use of climate modelling and data in informing climate resilience building decisions and adaptation planning;
- At minimum 10 years experience in project management on regional initiatives in the water sector.
- Experience in the development of policies, procedures and/or plans in water management challenges at the national and regional level, which will include:
- Experience in procedures on governance, development, operation & maintenance and management of water at the national and regional level;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the regional arrangements governing water management in the region, including the main regional institutions;
- Experience in online platforms and climate models aimed at improving both water management and climate data management in the region (ex. WEAP).
- Full fluency (written and oral) in both English and Spanish.