Water Senior PM-Climate Adaptation
We invite you to bring your experience and enthusiasm into play as you contribute to innovative and high quality design solutions in the areas of flood reduction and risk management. To succeed in this role, you must have technical and client management experience in the areas of Water Resources and Climate Resilience. Are you our new Senior Project Manager? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Climate Adaptation & Landscape Architecture department
As our new you will be part of an internationally leading company within the area of water resource management and climate resilience with professionals working in a collaborative environment in the areas of Flood Reduction and Risk Management; Climate Resilience and Cloudburst Planning; Floodplain Mapping; Flood Risk Mitigation; Design of Blue-Green- infrastructure (BGI); Design of Flood Protection Measures, such as Storm Hardening of Critical Facilities and Flood Storage Facilities; Watershed Management Plans; Integrated Infrastructure Planning; Low Impact Development (LID) Technology; Stormwater Management Reports; and Coastal Resilience and Storm Surge Management including Nature-Based-Solutions and Traditional Protection Measures.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Preparation of climate resilience plans, integrated infrastructure plans, LID etc. in close collaboration with clients, partners and stakeholders
- Direct and/or perform hydrologic, hydraulic, and water quality analysis studies
- Direct and/or perform hydraulic design and construction cost estimating
- Prepare written reports, such as study narratives documenting studies.
- Perform quality reviews of H&H studies performed by other engineers or contractors
- Managing, scoping, budgeting and planning projects
- Train and mentor junior water resources and climate resilience engineers
- Resource managing of teams
- Liaise with Ramboll project teams in US and Globally to staff projects and to develop team competencies
- Present to clients, local municipalities and the public
- Proposal writing
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering (MS preferred) or related Engineering field, with emphasis in water resources
- 10+ years water resources-related experience preferred
- P.E. certification in Washington DC, with ability to achieve licensure in other states, such as Virginia, Maryland and Delaware through reciprocity
- Demonstrated knowledge of H+H modelling with hydrological modeling software such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, MIKE, FLOW-3D, SWMM, InfoSWMM, XPSWMM, SWAT, Infoworks, ICM, etc.
- Demonstrated planning and detailed design experience
- Experience with local, state and federal permitting programs and stormwater and floodplain regulations
- Experience as project manager for DC Water and/or other DC government agencies
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) is a plus
- Professional Hydrologist (P.H.), Diplomate, Water Resource Engineer (D.WRE) is a plus
- FEMA floodplain study experience and NFIP program knowledge is a strong plus
- Hazard mitigation experience is a plus
- Experience with USACE permitting related to flood and channel restoration projects is a plus
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: Strong written and verbal communication skills and are a natural leader able to motivate multidisciplinary teams across geographical borders. Ability to effectively manage large resiliency programs with demonstrated experience in change management and delivering projects on time and on budget. Ability and drive to cultivate and maintain client relationships and contribute to business growth in the resiliency market.
Welcome to our Water division
At Ramboll, a global team of bright water consultants support the development of sustainable societies, working with water projects on a global scale. We assist our clients on their most challenging water management issues, delivering solutions that enable people and nature to flourish. Our main service areas cover Climate Adaptation & Landscape Architecture, Water & Wastewater Treatment, Water Resource Management and Water & Wastewater Networks.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.