Civil Associate Water
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of architectural, engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker’s more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit https://mbakerintl.com/.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Water Resources Engineer to join our Columbia, SC office. As a part of our Civil Engineering team, the Water Resource Engineer will assist Project Engineers & Project Managers with tasks including data review, site review, field documentation, data collection, data organization, data analysis, civil engineering planning and design.
Prepare hydrological & hydraulic calculations and modeling, assist with preparing technical reports, technical exhibits and design drawings.
This role will expose the engineer to a wide range of interesting applications under the supervision of experts and industry leaders in Water Resource Engineering.
The majority of your day would be spent on a team performing various tasks- from developing hydrologic and hydraulic models, to preparing plans, specifications and estimates and performing data collection and field work.
· Develop hydrologic and 1-D, unsteady and 2-D hydraulic models.
· Analyze and design hydraulic structures and subsurface flow systems.
· Help prepare maps and technical reports.
· Help develop drawings and specifications for design projects.
· Coordinate changes to drawings and specifications with project team members.
· Help develop cost estimates and conduct quantity takeoffs for design projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering field
- Course work/experience in hydrology and hydrodynamics preferred
- Be a self-starter, versatile and interested in working on a variety of projects supporting the Water Resources Group
- Effective communication skills
- Computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Suite, MicroStation, GEOPAK Drainage, HEC-RAS, XP-SWMM, and Geographical Information Systems preferred.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.