The Water Trust is a a small and growing international development organization that implements water, sanitation, and hygiene programs in rural Uganda (learn more at watertrust.org.) This spring The Water Trust will be implementing multiple projects in communications, fundraising, and operations, and seeks to identify an excellent writer with strong technology and multimedia skills that can execute on key project deliverables. As The Water Trust is a growing organization, there may be full-time employment opportunities that arise in Spring-Summer 2017.
The ideal candidate will be available for consulting work for the period between February 1, 2017 and May 31, 2017. As this is an independent contractor opportunity, the projects, timing of deliverables, and compensation will be agreed upon by the individual and The Water Trust, there will not be a regular pattern of daily or weekly hours, the individual will have the opportunity to select when and where he/she will work, and the individual will be responsible for supplying his/her own tools and equipment (e.g., laptop.) Candidates in the New York-area will be preferred to enable occasional meetings.
Deliverables may include:
- Web pages, documents, photos, and/or videos that communicate The Water Trust’s work.
- Updates to website, social media accounts, and/or related online outreach.
- Assessments of donor prospects.
- Information Technology and data management improvements (e.g., migrating data to a new database.)
- Administrative/logistical support tasks for special events and/or trips.
Desired consultant qualifications:
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Reliable and organized in communication and work.
- Previous NGO experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or current enrollment in an undergraduate program (at least 3.5 years of completed studies), with academic training and/or experience in marketing, graphic or UI/UX design, international development, international relations or a related field.
- Skills with Adobe Photoshop, video editing software, website content management systems (particularly WordPress), and HTML/CSS.
The Water Trust will pay based on agreed upon deliverables commensurate with $18 per billable hour.