eWATERservices is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business based in the UK and sub-saharan Africa. eWATERservices is a water utility company providing communities with access to clean water across Tanzania, Gambia and Ghana in accordance with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
As a key member of the technology team, you will be supporting the mission of sustainable access to water through mobile first development, remote sensing (IOT) and digital payments. At the forefront of innovation, your role will be impacting thousands of people’s lives by providing access to clean water services everyday. A truly exciting time to join the business as we embark on scaling up operations in 2021.
Role and Responsibilities
- Coding to deliver the business suite of software with a focus on migrating old to new architecture and functional enhancements, including code quality via code reviews, implementation of APIs and refactoring for efficient future development.
- Conducting unit and integration testing activities and increasing automated test coverage with a full appreciation of a diverse system architecture.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure business requirements (User stories) are delivered meeting business stakeholders expectations and handoff between development and QA is minimised.
- Where required, assisting on the resolution of production system bugs / defects.
- Highly motivated with an add value mindset.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn about new technologies.
Skills and Experience
- Experience with Docker / containerisation
- Experience with Vue/Angular
- Experience with client-side build tools
- Experience with agile software management/delivery
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu)
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines (GitLab)
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Good communication and documentation skills
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Computer Science / Programming Degree or commercially experienced programmer
- A Levels preferably grade C or above in STEM related subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths)
What you can expect?
- Fast paced environment with ability to contribute new solutions to interesting challenges.
- Great opportunities to develop your skills on an interdisciplinary technology system and varied projects.
- A mission driven business with an agile work ethic and diverse team.
- Ability to contribute to a business that is growing and providing water to communities that need it most in Africa.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £27,000.00-£29,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
To keep our team safe, employees are working from home. Office space is available to all employees with PPE.
- .NET: 2 years (Required)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Yes, always