Graduate Flood Risk and Drainage Consultant
Ecus is a leader in the environmental sector and provides services in ecology, environmental contracting, carbon and sustainability, arboriculture, water & environment, heritage and archaeology, landscape design, geoscience and ISO business management services.
With our Head Office in Sheffield, several existing regional business units and plans to extend our network further, we have an overall aim of growing the company substantially over the coming years.
The sectors within which Ecus operates include; road and rail infrastructure, residential and commercial land development, the utilities, regulators and government. We have a number of framework agreements and long term contracts with clients across all of these sectors.
Ecus Ltd are expanding our Water Environment team and are therefore seeking to recruit a Graduate Flood Risk and Drainage Consultant.
Working at Ecus
Whether you are an individual just starting your career or join us bringing years of experience with you, we support all employees in achieving their next career steps. By investing heavily in our employees and the most up to date technology, we ensure that we remain committed to best practice.
Become part of our team and you’ll be working alongside technical experts who take pride in the quality of service we offer at every stage of the project lifecycle.
We are always looking for people who share our key values:
- Commitment and Excellence
- Accountability and partnership
- Challenge and Innovation
This all adds up to a highly professional, forward thinking culture where people feel valued and inspired to look for ways to continuously raise standards, to innovate and to work collaboratively with stakeholders across a range of exciting projects.
As a Graduate Flood Risk and Drainage Consultant, you will have the opportunity to join a supportive team in Manchester. The successful individual will work on varied flood risk, surface water and drainage, and civil engineering projects for residential, commercial and industrial developments for housing developers, private sector clients, local authorities and water companies.
As a Graduate Flood Risk and Drainage Consultant, you will be involved in delivering the following key tasks:
- Undertake and assist in the delivery of site specific Flood Risk Assessments (Level 1, 2 and 3 type FRAs)
- Undertake utilities and desk based assessments for sites being assessed.
- Preparation and submission of technical reports, including utilities pre-development and capacity checks, pre-application enquiries, drainage strategies,
- Be a diligent and proactive worker
- Review project technical documents and undertake desk based research on projects, including include geotechnical reports
- Undertake and assist in the delivery of outlined and detailed drainage strategy designs (for surface water and foul water) to support planning applications for multiple developments
- Liaise with numerous stakeholders within different tiers of the private and public sectors
- Undertake design activities including hydraulic drainage network design and modelling using MicroDrainage, flood modeller and other such design / modelling software.
- Drafting of design and flood risk assessment drawings including civil engineering and drainage design details
- Preparation of hydrologic assessments for 1D and 2D watercourse modelling (including the use of FEH flood estimation tools)
- Conduct site visits and investigations to support both flood risk assessment, environmental assessment and drainage design work
- Providing input to various disciplines of Ecus Ltd
- A relevant degree (Hydrology, Environmental Engineering or Science, Civil or Geotechnical Engineering discipline)
- Commitment to work in accordance with Ecus policies, specifically our workplace health and safety procedures
- Fundamental knowledge of hydrological assessment and design processes
- Basic knowledge of SuDS and flood risk assessment development
- Excellent Microsoft Office, document drafting and control capabilities
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Willingness to undertake site visits and site investigation activities
- Knowledge of hydraulic modelling and design software
- Demonstrable knowledge of design and drafting tools, such as Civils 3D, AutoCAD and QGIS / ArcGIS
- Knowledge of the aspects and processes associated with building and civil construction projects (including site risk assessment processes, earthworks, materials specification and quantity surveying)
- Full driving licence
- Possessing a minimum of 1 years’ professional workplace experience
- Risk management, assessment protocols and the development of construction execution procedures
- Experience in project management, risk assessment and budgetary controls
- Sustainable system design and appraisal
- Environmental, Health and Safety experience including the development and review of safe work method statements
- Awareness and application of BREEAM Codes in Construction (Non-domestic and domestic)
In return, we offer a competitive salary, and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation including generous holidays, company pension and employee benefits.
Applications should be made via email including CV and covering letter.
If you would like further information regarding this opportunity or have any question feel free to contact us on: email@example.com