Communication, Marketing and Public Relations Specialist (USAID’s WASH-FIN Project)
Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Communication, Marketing and Public Relations Specialist candidates for the United States Agency for International Development-funded Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) program.
WASH-FIN is in the fourth year of a 5-year implementation and is currently active in seven countries (Cambodia, Kenya, Mozambique, Nepal, Senegal, South Africa and Zambia).
In Mozambique, the specific objectives of WASH-FIN’s activities are:
1. Build the direct and indirect capacity of private water providers (FPAs) and private operators to find efficiencies in their existing operations and thereby improve and expand their services under existing service models;
2. Create new contractual models that enable existing and new private actors to assume a larger role within the sector, including investment in construction in water treatment infrastructure and scaled piped systems; and
3 Support the creation of innovative financing mechanisms that crowd-in both donor funding and private sector financing to create newly commercially viable opportunities for private and public actors to deliver financially sustainable services at scale.
Position Description/Summary: This engagement will be a short-term consultancy over a six- month period with an anticipated level of effort of 120 days, starting in January 2021. In line with specific objective 1, WASH-FIN Mozambique is providing support to the sector regulator, Autoridade Reguladora de Águas, Instituto Público (AURA, IP), in developing a regulatory strategy and tools for small water providers (FPAs) and rural water supply and sanitation (PRONASAR) piped water services, and in addressing COVID-19 related challenges within the water providers community. One major challenge being faced by AURA is its ability to clearly and effectively communicate with water and sanitation service providers and the general public, particularly during these challenging times posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
To support AURA in addressing this challenge, WASH-FIN would therefore like to engage a Communication, Marketing and Public Relations Specialist to assist AURA in improving its communication with outside stakeholders, and in promoting AURA brand and in its marketing.
* Prepare and support the implementation of AURA’s internal and external communication strategy. This activity shall be conducted in coordination with AURA’s management and Board of Directors.
* Prepare and support the implementation of a marketing plan for strengthening AURA’s brand. This will include preparing and disseminating information on AURA’s role, responsibilities and activities through local and international media, posters, social media and other relevant communication channels. This activity shall be conducted in coordination with AURA’s Management and Board of Directors.
* Prepare articles and press releases on water and sanitation issues and events with an emphasis on service delivery, tariffs and regulation, monitoring and strategic issues.
* Monitor and collect press reports and other external communication on AURA and prepare informative content, TV and radio spots, brochures, newsletters, magazine articles, website, blogs, and other documents aimed at promoting AURA’s activities and brand.
* Support graphic and layout arrangements used in brochures, magazines and newsletters and ensure the quality of the documents produced.
* Ensure that AURA’s webpage is updated regularly. The content of the information on the webpage shall be educational, dynamic and interactive.
* Review AURA documents to be published and disseminated for external audiences, as requested by AURA’s management and board. Oversee the preparation and dissemination of marketing related documents.
* Attend meetings with AURA’s press unit and external stakeholders and prepare and circulate meeting notes. Serve as AURA’s spokesperson to the press, as needed
* Support the preparation and review of other communications related activities as requested by AURA’s management and board, including regular press releases, annual reports, etc.
* University degree in communications, public relations or similar field (relevant experience and another university degree may substitute for the degrees mentioned).
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an equivalent position.
* Knowledge of principles of internal and external communication, brand management and public relations.
* Experience providing similar services for an NGO or an international organization is required.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
* Ability to work individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to create a supportive working relationship among all project teams.
* Fluent in Portuguese and working knowledge of English language.
* Fluent in desktop software (MS Office).
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
CV in reverse chronological format.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is November 30, 2020.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.