Development worker - Advisor for climate-sensitive water resource management and integrated sustainable landscape management
Bolivia is one of the ten countries most affected by climate change and faces the challenge of coping with increasing water scarcity. The Project ‘Integrated rural development in watershed areas PROCUENCA’ supports Bolivia in its efforts to manage water and land resources sustainably. The project supports the alignment of sector policies with the implementation of water-related objectives of the Paris Convention and with Agenda 2030. As part of EU co-financing action, water resource security in selected catchment areas in the department of Santa Cruz is to be improved through the integrated landscape management approach.
- To support the development of policies and guidelines for implementing climate-sensitive water management and integrated sustainable landscape management.
- To strengthen the departmental government in Santa Cruz by supporting efficient and strategic planning, coordination and management processes and by strengthening information and communication systems.
- To support the planning and implementation of climate-sensitive water resource management measures through pilot projects in the watershed areas of San Martin and Paraguá.
- To advise key stakeholders on preparing, prioritizing and implementing climate-sensitive measures and instruments that contribute to minimizing water risks.
- To ensure that aspects of intercultural awareness and gender equality are considered as transversal themes
- To support cooperation and networking between institutions at the departmental level
- To coordinate activities with the PROCUENCA team in Santa Cruz and La Paz.
- Academic degree in political-, social- or environmental science or related discipline
- Knowledge and professional experience in the area of change management or organizational development with a multitude of different actors
- Knowledge and professional experience in organizing and implementing capacity development measures in water resource management and/or integrated landscape management
- Good conceptual skills and methodological competence combined with strong communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in advising local authorities and social actors on water and environmental issues.
- Proactive, good at developing strategies and not easily frustrated
- You are familiar with Latin American culture and have some work experience preferably in the field of integrated water resource management, integrated landscape management and climate change adaptation
- Good Spanish language skills
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Bolivia.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff working in the country. Staff must adhere to GIZ’s security measures at all times. Please also ensure that you always consult the country-specific information issued by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ has a professional security risk management system in place on the ground. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on family members moving with you to the country of assignment. Where necessary, please find out what types of relationship are legally and socially accepted in the country of assignment.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.