Hydraulic Sanitation Engineer
The global objective of the project is an increased sanitation coverage and improved public health and environmental conditions in the city of Beira. This is in line with the following Sustainable Development Goals (SDG):
• SDG 3: ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all.
• SDG 6: ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
• SDG 11: make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
• SDG 13: take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
The specific objectives of this study are:
- To ensure a full diagnosis of the existing sewage and wastewater treatment system in place in Beira, including networks, pumping stations, lift stations and the WWTP2.
- To draft a simplified sewerage master plan developing, first and foremost, the best technical and economical schemes to achieve the rehabilitation of the existing sanitation facilities. The plan will also include considerations on future developments of the network (extension, decentralised options, etc.) to cover all needs taking into account urban extension population and socio-economic growth at a foreseen year A0+ 20.
- To define a clear scope of works that can be financed within the available envelope of EUR 19.6 million under the Recovery and Resilience Programme.
- To conduct an environmental and social impact assessment of the works to be financed under this programme.
- To define a capacity-building programme for AIAS, SASB and other stakeholders on the basis of an analysis of the operation and maintenance processes and an assessment of institutional, technical and financial capacities of those stakeholders.
- To provide the potential financiers with a clear picture of the investments to be engaged.
- To recommend all actions needed to reach these objectives, e.g. set-up of project management, coordination, partnerships and communication to obtain behavioural change in sanitation
Only the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
- University degree in engineering or equivalent professional experience;
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage.
Professional experience required
- Min. 6 years in civil/water engineering or hydraulic engineering;
Specific professional experience:
- At least 5 years in similar sanitation projects working on diagnosis, rehabilitation, master planning, preliminary design and tender dossier drafting;
- Working experience in Africa is an advantage;
- Communication and team building skills.
Deadline For Applications