The global objective of the project is an increased sanitation coverage and improved public health and environmental conditions in the city of Beira. This is in line with the following Sustainable Development Goals (SDG):
• SDG 3: ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all.
• SDG 6: ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
• SDG 11: make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
• SDG 13: take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
The specific objectives of this study are:
– To ensure a full diagnosis of the existing sewage and wastewater treatment system in place in Beira, including networks, pumping stations, lift stations and the WWTP2.
– To draft a simplified sewerage master plan developing, first and foremost, the best technical and economical schemes to achieve the rehabilitation of the existing sanitation facilities. The plan will also include considerations on future developments of the network (extension, decentralised options, etc.) to cover all needs taking into account urban extension population and socio-economic growth at a foreseen year A0+ 20.
– To define a clear scope of works that can be financed within the available envelope of EUR 19.6 million under the Recovery and Resilience Programme.
– To conduct an environmental and social impact assessment of the works to be financed under this programme.
– To define a capacity-building programme for AIAS, SASB and other stakeholders on the basis of an analysis of the operation and maintenance processes and an assessment of institutional, technical and financial capacities of those stakeholders.
– To provide the potential financiers with a clear picture of the investments to be engaged.
– To recommend all actions needed to reach these objectives, e.g. set-up of project management, coordination, partnerships and communication to obtain behavioural change in sanitation
Only the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
– Master’s Degree Hydraulic, Civil Engineer or equivalent professional experience;
– Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Portuguese is desirable.
The Team Leader is responsible for the achievement of the expected results of the study and the timely delivery of quality outputs at the satisfaction of the Technical Committee and the Contracting Authority. He/she will be responsible of the internal coordination of the team and their activities. The Team Leader will also be in charge of the day-to-day contact with the EU and AFD. Finally, the Team Leader will have the responsibility of drawing up all the reports and accompanying documents.
Professional experience required
– Min. 12 years in civil engineering or project management;
Specific professional experience:
– At least 10 years of relevant experience in developing and/or implementing projects in the specific sector;
– Experience in leading a team in at least three (3) similar assignments;
– Experience in FIDIC conditions;
– Working experience in Sub-Saharan Africa is an advantage;
– Excellent report writing, oral communication skills, adaptability;
– Good interpersonal skills in negotiation, team building, conflict resolution and group facilitation
Deadline For Applications