This position is located in the United States Department of Agricultural, Agricultural Research Service, National Sedimentation Laboratory, Water Quality and Ecology Research Unit with one vacancy in Oxford, Mississippi.
The incumbent will direct and conduct research on agricultural and land management practices on water and soil quality, water quantity, and ecosystem services.
- Leads and participates in research involving the Lower Mississippi River Basin for the Long Term Agro-ecosystem Research (LTAR) network.
- Conducts comprehensive research programs involving multidisciplinary, integrated approaches that develop new technologies for improving water and soil resources in cropping systems in the Lower Mississippi River Basin.
- Provides leadership for the WQERU in developing sustainable management practices in agroecosystems and water resources (surface and ground water) management.
- Develops program direction and priorities of the WQERU under the leadership of National Program Leaders and developing an integrated approach among all team members (agricultural engineers, hydrologists, ecologists, and soil scientists).
- Plans, conducts, analyzes, interprets, and reports research in concert with project objectives.