U.S. nationals: Hydrologic Technician
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
This position is being advertised concurrently with the following announcements, open to all U.S. citizens under:
Learn more about this agency
As a Hydrologic Technician within the Washington Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Performs a full range of stream discharge measurements at all stages; Plots discharge measurements, develops stage-discharge, velocity index curves and/or complex ratings such as those used at culverts, gates, pumps, etc. and estimates extensive periods of missing record and non-routine flow of tidal, backwater, or ice periods.
- Performs and reviews statistical and/or technical analyses of a wide variety of hydrologic data collected in the field.
- Prepares and evaluates data reports of results of field activities, including the preparation of materials for publications, such as tables of data, maps, and other illustrative materials.
- Configures, installs, maintains and services a wide variety of sensing, recording and communications equipment and instrumentation.
- Operates a government vehicle as an incidental driver.
Above duties are for the GS-09 level. For the lower grade levels, incumbent will perform a wide range of tasks described in the above duties, but at a lower level of work designed to further develop and refine the knowledge and skills of the incumbent. Assignments will typically combine productive work with on-going training and instruction. Supervision received at the lower level will be closer with oversight and review being provided more frequently