Analyst (Technology/Market Research – Water Industry)
Who are BlueTech Research?
BlueTech Research (www.bluetechresearch.com) provides water technology market intelligence to water technology start-ups, investors, larger water companies and industrial end users to accelerate technology commercialization.
Our aim is to make life simpler and easier for our clients who are navigating the world of water technology, whether they are commercialising their own innovations, investing, or selecting the best water or wastewater treatment solution for a local government or industrial application.
BlueTech supports these groups in evaluating new technologies, companies and opportunities and helps clients:
1. Be aware of the new opportunities that are on the horizon
2. Select only the best opportunities to invest in
3. Minimise their risks when selecting new technologies
This is primarily a writing and a presenting role.
You will research, analyze, interpret and formulate data and write strategic reports that will be used by clients to make informed decisions on water technology market opportunities. We are customer-centric and this is a client-facing role.
Being able to write clearly and concisely is a must. You will need to quickly distill information, apply critical thought and present it in an easy-to-digest format. This role will appeal to an engineer or scientist with a desire to continue to learn and develop in their profession and remain at the cutting edge of water technology innovation. The individual will be curious and analytical and enjoy working in a dynamic team environment.
• Analyse and report on primary and secondary research data;
• Take an active part in workshops and other collaborative sessions to analyse and model findings and develop conclusions;
• Liaise with and maintain a positive relationship with clients
• Analyze the water innovation sector and trends impacting market development- M&A, partnerships, project announcements, technology adoption.
• Demonstrate to clients and team members a knowledge and expertise in the analysis of the water sector, water technology, and overall market opportunities.
• Keep up to date with research software (including delivering training when new developments are implemented), research techniques and new ways of thinking in the sector;
• Support Sales and Marketing teams in client and prospect meetings.
• Maintain industry profile through speaking opportunities and other participation in industry forums
• Acquire general knowledge throughout the big range of water technologies to be able to compare them at a high level.
o Undergraduate degree required.
o Relevant experience within the water technology sector is an advantage
o Experience with Tableau or similar tool preferred
o A keen attention to detail and highly effective organization skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
o Being a fast learner and having self-initiative.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Being comfortable with participating at telephone interviews and (online) meetings.
o Keen interest in innovation in water.
This is a remote position but location as close as possible to Irish time (GMT+1) is preferred.
Interested applicants should send their CV to