Intern for the Latin America and Caribbean Regional Office
GGGI is looking for a talented individual to work with us in the Latin America & Caribbean Regional Office to support research, planning and delivery of green growth projects in the Latin America & Caribbean Region.
The assignment will include the following:
- Conduct desk analysis on national/sub-national green growth/green economy initiatives in Latin American countries, especially Paraguay, Ecuador and Costa Rica
- Gather and analyze data on GHG emissions, adaptation actions, green investment profiles in Paraguay, Ecuador, Costa Rica and the Meso America region
- Support GGGI’s Latin America & Caribbean regional office to organize workshops, events, knowledge sharing, capacity building and stakeholder meetings
- Draft presentation materials, concept notes and other written documents to support program development and delivery in the region
- Other tasks as they arise / as needed
To be eligible for an internship, candidates must:
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor’s (final year), Master’s or PhD program prior to internship assignment, or a recent graduate within the last 12 months.
- Be engaged or recently engaged in academic study in a field directly related to the Institute’s work
- Possess an excellent command of English.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Interest and enthusiasm for green growth, climate change mitigation and adaptation and international development
- Knowledge and interest in the Latin America & Caribbean region
- Work or volunteer experience related to green growth or climate change is a plus
- Spanish Fluency is a plus
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- GGGI evaluates applications based on: eligibility requirements, relevance of academic study and work experience (if any); and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work.
- Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duration: The internship program is for at least three months and up to six months. Once selected, interns must begin your internship either prior to or within 12 months of graduation.
Stipend: GGGI interns receive a monthly stipend of USD$500 per month. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses must be borne by either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
Visa: GGGI will provide a supporting letter for visa. Interns will be responsible for obtaining and financing the necessary visas.
Travel: Intern will arrange and finance their travel to the internship location.
Medical Insurance: Interns must present proof of valid medical insurance to GGGI upon returning the signed internship contract.
Confidentiality: Interns must keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and may not publish any documents based on such information.
Academic Credit: Interns may get academic credit from their institution of higher education for the internship. Interns need to check with their university to confirm their academic credit policy for internships.
Working Hours: interns are expected to work during normal working hours. Leave should be pre-approved by the Intern Manager, and the latter should inform the Office of HR accordingly.
Learning Outcomes: before completion of the internship, Intern Managers are expected to review the learning outcomes with the intern.
Certificate: provided upon successful completion of the internship, upon request.
The Global Green Growth Institute internship program (also called "Grow Green" Program) provides a unique learning opportunity for students and recent graduates from diverse academic backgrounds. The program is designed for talented and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to GGGI’s operations. The program allows selected candidates to gain insight into the work of the Institute and provides assistance and training in various professional fields in a multicultural environment. We encourage qualified women and men, in particular, nationals of developing countries, with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply.