EIB Trainee - Projects Directorate - JASPERS Department - Water and Wastewater Division
Objective of the traineeship
You will support the JASPERS Water and Wastewater division in providing expertise to its stakeholders on digitalization, smart water management, flood risk management and on climate adaptation in relation to the European Cohesion Policy Objectives for 2021 - 2027. You will be expected to contribute smart technology insights, including artificial intelligence and machine learning, to developing 'state-of-the-art' guidance to the underlying Cohesion Policy domains.
This traineeship represents a great opportunity for a young professional interested in relating water related EU Cohesion Policy Objectives to innovative water system management tools and the conception of suitable investment proposals.
You shall generate innovative insights on potential impacts of smart technologies, artificial intelligence and machine learning on overall water and flood risk management as well as on the operations of water utilities and public entities. You will familiarize her/himself with the applicable EU Cohesion Policy framework and relevant studies related to smart water management (incl. digitalization, artificial intelligence and machine learning) and climate adaptation for the water supply, wastewater and flood risk management sector as well as to related project preparation issues.
You will assist the JASPERS Water and Wastewater division in delivering expertise to stakeholders on these issues, as established within the European Cohesion Policy framework 2021 - 2027.
This guidance shall include:
- Best practice indicators for the use of smart technologies (incl. artificial intelligence and machine learning tools) to i) modern water and wastewater utility management, and to ii) flood risk management in line with related EU Cohesion Policy Objectives;
- Assist JASPERS Water and Wastewater team in developing guidance to EU member states on digitalization, smart water management and climate adaptation in line with related EU Cohesion Policy Objectives;
- Assist national authorities and beneficiaries (e.g. water utilities) in developing model Terms of References for project consultants integrating digitalization and/or climate adaptation considerations;
- Assist in Capacity building actions related to water related Cohesion Policy Objectives for 2021-27.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or University Degree in Civil / Environmental, Engineering background;
- Additional training in smart water technologies, artificial intelligence and machine learning would be an advantage;
- Experience in water management, project preparation and/or utility operations would be an advantage;
- Strong analytical capabilities;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and sound knowledge of French;
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (**).
(**) We particularly welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
Your application may be used for another campaign.
Please note that deadline for application is on the 26th November 2020.