DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech has extensive experience delivering technical assistance in Public Financial Management, domestic resource mobilization, macro-fiscal policy, policy analysis, improving the business enabling environment, and promoting export development and investment support.
DevTech Inc. is seeking a Team Leader for the USAID Global Development Lab’s Water and Energy for Food (WE4F): A Grand Challenge for Development mid-term and final evaluation. These evaluations will provide an overall assessment of WE4F that makes challenges met and results achieved transparent, and contributes to content-related and systematic learning by answering questions of “how” and “why” the interventions of WE4F were successful or were met with challenges.
The Team Leader is responsible for all activities and of other evaluation staff. The Team Leader will ensure the appropriate design of the evaluations and overall quality control of the final products submitted to the client. The Team Leader will oversee the desk review of all Secretariat records related to secretariat-led activities or interventions, all awardee documents to be provided by the WE4F Secretariat, and External Surveyors. Conduct in-depth, semi-structured interviews with stakeholders including WE4F staff, innovators, alumni, policy makers, and other private sector stakeholders. Conduct site visits to innovators that received funding. Oversee and conduct interviews with WE4F innovation end-users and those who are not end-users, including a minimum of 300 interviews with end-users and a minimum of 100 interviews with non-end-users.
The Team Leader will have at a minimum:
- Graduate degree; minimum 15 years experience in evaluation of overseas programs and projects
- Experience managing field studies in a developing country context; and previous work on food security
- A focus on gender and Base of the Pyramid inclusion
- Knowledge regarding sustainable natural resource management including water and biodiversity
- A good understanding of the policy environment of USAID Global Development Lab and GIZ, preferred
- Prior experience evaluating Grand Challenge innovation programs
- Experience with sustainable natural resource management including water and biodiversity, preferred
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and both written and oral
- Strong oral and written English language skills
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.