The Pisces Foundation believes if we act now and boldly, we can quickly accelerate to a world where people and nature thrive together. Pisces mainstreams powerful new solutions to support innovators who know what it takes and are doing what’s necessary to have clean and abundant water, a safe climate, and an environmentally literate society. To learn more about Pisces’ work and collaborations, visit: http://piscesfoundation.org/
We are seeking a collaborative, solutions-oriented self-starter to join our mission-driven team as our Grants Manager. The Grants Manager supports the Foundation’s mission by proactively managing grant making operations, systems, data and workflow. She or he will oversee the day-to-day grants management system with excellence and efficiency and also ensure the system generates information that enhances our overall impact. The Grants Manager collaborates with all departments on specific grant matters as well as the processes and systems which facilitate efficient and high quality operations. As a primary lead on grant compliance, the Grants Manager ensures the Foundation adheres to legal requirements, Foundation policies and procedures, and best practices in the field. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is located in the Foundation’s San Francisco headquarters. The Foundation has a second office in Washington, D.C.
PROCESS DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT
- Working with the COO, designs, implements, and maintains grants management systems, database, processes and tools that align with and support the Foundation’s strategy through the grant lifecycle from inquiry to close; manage the program budget; responsible for data integrity.
- Communicates with grantees to guide them through the application process and provide technical support where needed.
- Facilitates decisions on grant proposals and ensures timely grant agreements are properly generated.
- Provides guidance to program staff on structuring grants and on ensuring compliance with IRS and other applicable regulations through the grant lifecycle. Collaborates with program staff, executive staff and legal counsel, recommends approaches to ensure compliance.
- Manages legal review of grants including internal communication between PF staff, correspondence with external counsel, and documentation of all legal review.
- Leads preparation for quarterly board meeting.
- Conceptualizes, designs and facilitates grant making training for staff.
- Collaborates with Operations and Accounting to support accurate and timely financial reports, grants payments, audit and tax filings.
- Supports the Foundation’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning work, including the annual review and ongoing grant reporting, in partnership with COO and external consultant.
- Executes on special projects as needed.
DATA AND TECHNOLOGY
- Generates reports, analyses and data visualizations on grants budget, grants flow, historic trends, forecasting and processing performance to inform continuous improvement and learning.
- Advances technology solutions and tools in support of grant practices and foundation processes.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of professional experience with demonstrated track record of success. Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience in grants management. Proficient managing databases.
- Interest, comfort, and strength working in a dynamic, “start-up” environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability and desire to help create a thought-leading, world-class philanthropy.
- Excellent organization skills, strict attention to detail, accuracy, follow-through and commitment to high quality work.
- Ability to think big picture as well as attend to day-to-day operations. Forward-looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, written and verbal, and diplomacy skills to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse colleagues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, partners, and grantees.
- Self-starter; highly motivated and resourceful team-player. Comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to work through solutions when there is no obvious path.
- Strong judgment. Demonstrated ability to think and work independently, and effectively plan, prioritize, follow through and track multiple work streams under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to train in one-on-one and group settings.
- Flexibility, a “can-do” solutions-orientation, and willingness to help others. Flexibility and a sense of humor.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Passion for the Pisces Foundation mission.
Pisces Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. This position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample combined as a single document in PDF format to: Carol Ting at [email protected]. Please indicate in the subject line, “GRANTS MANAGER.”
See http://www.piscesfoundation.org/ for more information on the Foundation.
Pisces Foundation welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and with a variety of skills, experiences, and ideas. We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.