Application closure date: 23/11/2020
Duration of the contract: 6 Months (2 months Probation) with the ability of extension
Location: Gaziantep – Tureky
Sector: Program unit
Planning, supervision / implementation of WASH and Shelter projects implemented in Syria, ensuring the achievement of the sector’s objectives within the vision and mission of the organization, running projects in the correct form, following up on budget disbursement as planned, ensuring documentation and implementation in accordance with management and donor requirements and submitting periodic reports to them in a transparent manner, in writing. Project proposals to develop the WASH and Shelter program and the ability to lead the team and manage remotely. He will also be responsible for providing the technical support required for the project and conducting an assessment of the needs of local communities in addition to the technical design of project proposals for the WASH and Shelter program and providing technical and technical guidance to field teams and coordination. For all project activities.
• Contribute to building and developing the institution’s strategic plan related to the WASH and Shelter sector.
• Work to develop the program and prepare interim and annual plans for activities and projects related to shelter water and sanitation.
• Contribute to building partnerships with potential donors to serve the program’s plan
• Follow up and monitor the progress of the implementation of projects and ensure the quality of the work completed and create work plans in accordance with the objectives of each project and the schedule set for them.
• Ensure documentation files (workers – project activities) are appropriately preserved in all project phases and forms used in accordance with the requirements of the institution/donors/partners.
• Preparing all required reports related to the project/program manager/donors/partners.
• Follow up and exchange information on a regular basis in everything related to the implementation of the project with the program director and the field teams and cooperate with the relevant stakeholders in the institution (programs – logistical – monitoring and evaluation) to implement the project activities.
• Assist in writing project proposals related to the WASH and Shelter program.
• Appointing and interviewing the selection of project personnel and directing appropriate support after the appointment.
• Effectively represent the institution in relevant workgroups, stakeholders, and coordination meetings as needed,
maintain a positive, continuous and clear presence of the institution, and maintain the building and developing good relationships with partners, local authorities, and stakeholders.
• Work closely and build partnerships with agencies and organizations in related areas of cooperation.
• The ability to assess the community’s needs and requirements in relation to the technical aspects of camp activities / shelter / water and sanitation.
• Conducting integrated assessments of the needs of integrated and multi-sectoral projects.
• Designing appropriate vulnerability criteria for selecting beneficiaries in the area and ensuring community participation and transparency.
• Contribute to developing plans and studies for projects that achieve integration between the WASH and Shelter sector and the rest of the institution’s sectors.
• Performing any other tasks assigned to him by the direct supervisor within the specialty.
Qualification and Experince:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Experience for at least three years in project management in non-profit organizations.
• At least two years of experience in WASH and Shelter projects.
• Adequate knowledge in the context of camp, WASH and Shelter projects.
• Proficiency in writing funding proposals and contribute preparing budgets, and operational plans for projects.
• Very good knowledge of international donors’ terms and requirements to comply with them
• Adequate experience in writing funding proposals, project life cycle, and preparing periodic and progress reports.
• Proficiency in working on MS Office software package, especially Word text editor and PowerPoint presentations program.
• The ability to lead teams, direct and coordinate, follow-up, initiate and develop
• A very good level of effective presentation, presentation and communication skills (orally and in writing).
• Very good level of reading, writing and speaking English.
• The ability to lead, direct, coordinate, follow-up, initiate and develop.
• The ability to analyze and create solutions to problems
•Ability to communicate, negotiate, plan and organize.
the ability to work under pressure.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferably in Civil / Architectural / Environmental Engineering).
• Certificate in Project Management PMP or PMD Pro1,2
Sufficient experience working on related engineering software ((Autocad-WaterCad – JWD- Staad pro …)