Bokaro & East Singhbhoom, Hoshangabad, Rajnandgaon, Betul
Jhpiego is a nonprofit global health leader and Johns Hopkins University affiliate that is saving lives, improving health and transforming futures. We partner with governments, health experts and local communities to build the skills and systems that guarantee a healthier future for women and families. Jhpiego translates the best science and practice into moments of care that can mean the difference between life and death for women and families. The moment a woman gives birth; the moment a midwife helps a newborn to breath. Through our partnerships, we are revolutionizing health care for the world’s most disadvantaged and vulnerable people.
In India, Jhpiego works across various states in close collaboration with national and state governments, providing technical assistance in the areas of family planning, maternal and child health, strengthening human resources for health, and non-communicable diseases. These programs are funded by USAID, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, David & Lucile Packard Foundation, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), MSD for Mothers and others.
Jhpiego is hiring program officer for USAID supported MOMENTUM Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) COVID-19 WASH IPC program. Jhpiego is hiring Senior program officer for USAID supported MOMENTUM Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) COVID-19 WASH IPC program based at Ranchi, Jharkhand. MCGL is a global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to provide targeted MNCH/FP/RH technical and capacity development assistance (TCDA) to countries to facilitate countries’ journeys to self-reliance. Momentum Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) also aims to contribute to global technical leadership and learning, and USAID’s policy dialogue for achievement of global MNCH/FP/RH goals through support to globally endorsed MNCH/FP/RH initiatives, strategies, frameworks, guidelines, and action plans.
MCGL’s COVID response will be guided by its theory of change, rooted in using data and evidence to drive and inform interventions and design, together with fostering country led action. While COVIDrelated activities will be implemented to yield quick infection prevention results, MCGL will implement strategies that can be transitioned and sustained by sub-national governments and local partners. Positions based at Bokaro and East Singhbhoom districts of Jharkhand. Hoshangabad & Betul districts of MP & Rajnandgaon of Chhattisgarh.
• Contribute actively in managing program activities by developing, implementing, monitoring and reporting of the program activities including preparation of work plans, budgets, activities, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) frameworks and reports.
• Work with Government and other stakeholders to develop, implement, monitor and report on program activities for quality improvement under MCGL COVID-19 WASH IPC Response
• Work with both public and private facilities along with district administration to carry out project activities, ensure gaps identification, plan and implement action plans to close the gaps.
• Work alongside other QI initiatives of GoI such as Laqshya, Dakshata, NQAS, Kayakalp as well as global initiatives such as WHO WASHFIT, WATERWORKS, etc. to leverage their resources and existing buy ins.
• Organize and conduct virtual as well as in person trainings, workshops and on-site coaching in consultation with the supervisor, this includes planning training schedules, identifying trainers, monitoring training and post-training follow-up.
• In collaboration with the supervisor and team, implement program M&E activities such as establishing systems, tracking progress, setting indicators and producing deliverables according to agreed work plan.
• Develop and produce documents, program related reports and presentations according to the program and Jhpiego guidelines for internal program needs and for external dissemination.
• Lead day-to-day operations and management of activities for program.
• Coordinate and collaborate with government officials, other stakeholders, and Jhpiego staff for effective implementation as well as liaise with other partners working in quality improvement arena in the concerned district.
• Facilitate project activities including data gathering, capacity building of facility level champions, IPC committees, travel arrangements and other activities to support to ensure smooth implementation.
• Ensure proper collection, collation, analysis and dissemination of the program data.
• Facilitate project activities including workshop planning, logistics planning and management, travel arrangements and other activity support to ensure smooth implementation.
• Contribute in the development of technical content required for the program
• Travel within assigned District and India in support of activity implementation and monitoring as needed.
• Perform other activities, as assigned by the supervisor.
• Demonstrate ability to coordinate several activities simultaneously.
• Comfortable with working in a multicultural team.
• Able to manage/prioritize work from several sources. Ability to handle pressure of deadlines.
• Excellent organizational and training skills required.
• Fluency in spoken and written Hindi and English required.
• Ability to showcase excellent advocacy & liaison skills to develop and maintain productive working relationships with government agencies, stakeholders and other organizations.
• Willingness and flexibility to work on a wide range of tasks.
• Ability and willingness to travel at short notice and as required.
• Proficiency in computers – Microsoft Office
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing/medicine. Post-graduation in Public health, Community Medicine etc. is preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in public health programs. Experience in Maternal and Neonatal Health and similar settings preferred.
• Familiarity with the Indian health system, key stakeholders and relevant government policies/ strategies is desired.
Jhpiego offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment and provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application at with a covering note.
Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR.