Niti Ayog has initiated a pilot project “Sewapuri Vikas Abhiyan (SeVA)” in Sewapuri Block (covering all 87 GPs – 21 clusters) of Varanasi through convergence of welfare schemes and programmes in order to improve outcomes. Sewapuri Vikas Abhiyan (SeVA) emphasizes on achieving development goals through saturation of identified central and state government schemes. It facilitates Gram Panchayats to achieve qualitative improvement in lives of people.
At the district level the pilot is being led by the District Magistrate and being monitored as per specific KPIs. The theme of Sanitation under SBM 2.0 has 6 KPIs mainly related to WASH infrastructure development and improvement including construction of IHHL & Community Toilets, establishment of SLWM system (Rickshaw cart for garbage collection in villages and waste stabilization pond construction) at GP level.
Hence, there is an apparent need to inform, mobilize and support the community on key behavioral aspects of Sanitation such as individual regular toilets usage, hand washing, appropriate disposal of solid and liquid wastes, menstrual hygiene management etc. so as to enable better program implementation and sustainability of outcomes.
- Complete assigned tasks as and when required in coordination with WAI Consultant.
- Undertake assessment of WASH gaps and priorities at GP level to inform planning for saturation of WASH facilities and services and there after mobilizing community on WASH behavior change.
- Work together with Block and GP level officials / staff / volunteers / frontline workers /PRIs /GP level Committee members/SHGs/ Community to achieve goals of Sanitation component of Sewapuri Vikas Abhiyan (SeVA).
- Focus on behavior change communication, Interpersonal communication and Village/ WARD ODF Sustainability.
- Capacity building/orientation and handholding of Gram Panchayat level cadre of volunteers /frontline workers / PRIs / GP level Committee members / SHGs/community to inform, mobilize and support the community on key behavioral aspects of Sanitation, SLWM and MHM.
- Support Block Administration & other stakeholders towards development and implementation of Sanitation Behaviour Change Communication Campaign.
- Please download the attached application form. Kindly note that only applications submitted on WaterAid’s standard application form will be considered.
- Please respond with the following in the subject “Wash Field Consultant”.
- Completed applications to be sent to [email protected]
- Closing date: 18 November 2020
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated of the interview.