Job Number: 502240 | Vacancy Link
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the general supervision and guidance of Chief, WASH the positions will prepare readily availability of data on programme funds, utilization. Process Government and partner’s funds requisition as per the “Harmonization of Cash Transfer” HACT Guidelines developed by UN. Carries out regular follow-up on all outstanding liquidation and work with Government and partners and keep zero outstanding liquidation for more than 6 months. Process funds transections and liquidations in the VISION, raise Funds requisitions, reservations, sales order and purchase orders for the section. Provide monthly updates on programme performance to Section Chief using the data. Assists section’s work plan by providing administrative support/arrangements as required. Assist Government and implementing partners to improve accountability in funds management of UNICEF supported activities.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
1. Grant Monitoring and provide constant reminders/updates to Project Officers in order to support management of funds through:
• Preparation of Financial Utilization Reports to enable timely Donor Reporting
• Tracking expenditure and updating the expenditure summary worksheet weekly
• Ensuring Donor conditions are met on GRANTS expenditure and funds are fully utilized before Grant expiry
• Ensure and follow up with Budget Control that Grant funds have been allotted properly SAP.
2. Process SAP related documents efficiently and effectively
• To certify budgets, process Funds Commitments, Reservations, Service Orders and FACE Payment Documents timely
• To maintain a clean Direct Cash Transfer Record, where Reports shall be processed within the accepted timelines of no longer than 6 months
• Collect and process all Direct Cash Transfer Receipts from partners timely
• Process Supply Orders, and make payment to suppliers timely while ensuring supplies reach the end users in a timely manner
3. Perform Other Administrative Tasks for the Section as follows:-
· Maintain an up-to-date Electronic filing system in Shared Drive to enable easy access of documents and information to all Section Staff
· Take minutes of Section meetings and circulate immediately
· Maintain and submit to HR Unit a monthly attendance record for the Section by the 5th of the following month
· Compile and submit Financial forecasts, Travel and leave plans before/or on the agreed deadlines
4. Draft Project Cooperation Agreement and provide timely/active support in reviewing budgets to be in line with UNICEF Guidelines and provide updates to Section Chief.
5. Conduct end user monitoring in UNICEF focus districts and other NGO Partners plus Central Level IPs for cash and supplies and inform Project Officers on the status. Prepare reports for review by the Head of Section.
To ensure partners (end-users) receive and keep their supplies in good condition and without delay
6. Capacity Building of implementing partners on good financial Management to ensure consistency in the financial record keeping and that funds have been used for planned activities
7. Keep abreast of organization’s guidelines, circulars, administrative instructions and apply those in work processes and analyses information on subject matters relevant to HIV/AIDS section.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English and in the local language of the duty station required.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Applying technical expertise
- Planning and organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Opening Date 10 Jan 2017 Egypt Standard Time
Closing Date 23 Jan 2017 Egypt Standard Time