Mid-level Researcher (Water Resources (Governance))
To work in an interdisciplinary team, on governance and natural resources management in rural areas (different states of the country) and associated policy, with particular attention to practice of water resources management:
- Engagement in research: development of investigating tools, statistical analysis and data base management, preparation of study reports,
- Publication of research findings through peer reviewed journals, policy briefs and other modes of communication
- Engage in coordination and supervision of activities related to water resources management, which includes development / modification of training modules related to water management and assessment of its usefulness.
- Provide guidance to staff and identified primary stakeholder participants on demand-supply side management of water.
- Engage with diverse stakeholders in the water sector and related sectors and institutions.
- Work in in coordination with an interdisciplinary team researchers to address cross-cutting issues.
- Scale up programs on regional scale in different geographies.
Qualifications and related requirements:
- PhD or Post Graduation (Water Policy and Governance, Water resource management, Environmental science, Social studies, WASH, behavioral science or other relevant disciplines)
- Experience in conducting action research; knowledge of governance at the local / village level and institutions related to NRM; policy analysis; having experience of working with diverse stakeholders in the water sector (preferable).
- Publication of at least two papers/articles in journals.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods, including required statistical modeling and analysis
- Willingness to spend time in the field of research studies and action research.
- Good writing and communication skills in English; working knowledge of Marathi or Hindi is a must.
Compensation: As per experience and accomplishments.
Eligible candidates interested are requested to urgently apply to email@example.com with their updated CV with the subject line Application for the position of ‘Mid-level Researcher : Water Resources (Governance)’
Last Date of Submission: 20th Nov. 2020