Internship Climate and Nature / Sustainability
Hello, Unilever here! We are a leading international consumer goods manufacturer. Our nutrition, personal care, detergents and cleaning agent products are used day in, day out by around 2.5 billion people in over 190 countries. These include AXE, Dove, Lipton, Ben & Jerry's and many more.
For our location Buxtehude (or Hamburg, but not so important as we work 95% virtually anyhow) we are looking for a Climate and Nature / Sustainability intern (5-6 months) for the support of the European team.
Our Climate and Nature Team is offering an internship in a small but exciting team.
This team business partner’s Unilever Europe’s Supply Chain and has the mission to bring the strong Unilever Sustainable Living Plan value into reality.
You work on projects to achieve a better understanding on current consumer interests (scientific literatur and social media research), do market research to identify interesting ideas and projects to realize with integration of the whole value chain, identify possible partners (eg start ups) and do dedicated communication campaigns and if possible organize event(s) that make Unilever European the best place to work and to increase awareness for the topic.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
- Creating impactful communications, campaigns and deploy market research on sustainable brands and business.
- Developing campaigns on Climate and Nature topics, like the Unilever Sustainable Living plan, Decarbonisation and waste or water reduction, eg Organizing learning lunches with leaders on various topics,
- Connect with market research on sustainable brands and do own literature/media research about consumer needs
- Structuring, collecting and managing information from different stakeholders
- Identify internal partners/sponsors to work with in the European markets, R&D, Procurement and supply chain
- Unilever as globally more than 270 manufacturing sites and is present in more then 170 markets. Facilitate best practice engagement, increasing global learning inputs by getting in contact with the global and other regional teams. Organise and lead fortnightly calls to encourage and maintain discussion around best practices, increasing the likelihood of replication. Develop an archive to store ideas.
- Work closely together with sites and identify opportunities for waste reduction (re-use processes, waste handling and recycling) or use of new technologies or efficiency increase for further decarbonisation of the value chain.
- Identify external partner to identify future opportunities along the whole value chain
- Support the team in data analytics
- Strong interpersonal skills to build collaborative relationships with multiple and diverse stakeholders
- Very strong communication and negotiation skills in English
- Effective project management skills
- Strong analytical skills and good knowledge in Excel and, ideally Power BI
- Good stakeholder management skills including expectation setting, education, conflict management, prioritization with high level of autonomy and initiative
- Eye for process improvements through implementation of technology
- Comfortable with articulating business questions and arriving at answer with available data
- Background ideally in environmental engineering or other environmental/Sustainability studies
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
- Flexible working hours, depending on circumstances, remote working possible/requested
- Small exciting and energized team
- Getting in contact with a huge network
- European work environment
- Development programs and 24/7 access to our learning platform
- Own company laptop and home office option
- Sport activities for attractive conditions
- Discounts at our cooperation partners and in our Unilever shop
Interested in this position?
Then you should not wait to apply online (Email applications won't be accepted). Should you require additional information, please contact your Talent Advisor Sophia Blank by email ( ).