The Phinizy Center for Water Sciences located in Augusta Georgia is a private non-profit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1996 to promote environmental stewardship through education, research, and public outreach. The Center is searching for a Director of Research who will ensure ongoing excellence and develop new opportunities in its fresh water science initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
. The Director of Research is tasked with strategic and operational responsibility for the Center’s research programs and staff.
· The Director will function as a team leader: planning, coordinating, and administering contracted research projects.
· The Director must have the expertise and ability to participate in fieldwork, data collection, scientific analysis, budget tracking, and report writing.
· The Director will manage the current inventory of projects.
· The Director will also be responsible for obtaining new contracts and grants related to fresh water science and perform as a principal or co- principal investigator as needed.
· The Director shall have the ability to effectively communicate through verbal and written methods with co-workers, board members, vendors, government agencies, and the public.
· As a member of the senior management team, the Director reports to the Phinizy Center Executive Director.
The Director must fulfill one of the following:
· PhD in biology, chemistry, environmental science, or a related field with five years of experience in project management.
· Master of Science in biology, chemistry, environmental science, or a related field with seven years of experience in project management.
· Bachelor of Science in biology, chemistry, environmental science, or a related field with ten years of relevant experience.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary: competitive based on qualifications and experience
Phinizy Center offers leave, health, and retirement benefits.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands: The employee must meet these requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation, to succeed in this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions.
· Must be able to work effectively walking over rugged terrain and in inclement weather, including hot, cold, rain, and fog conditions
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Clinical Trials: 1 year (Preferred)