Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL)/Data Management Specialist Global Waters (CKM)
EnCompass LLC seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL)/Data Management Specialist to support organizational MEL and programmatic data collection, database design, and data utilization.
The ideal candidate is highly organized with extensive experience with MEL for international development programs and data management for knowledge management and decision-making.
NOTE: This position is expected to be remote until at least the 1st of April 2021, due to COVID-19
This is a full-time position, based in the Washington, D.C. area.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and update USAID project database(s) to track and report against performance indicators. Bring together large and complex data sets to meet project requirements.
- Audit data on a regular basis and ensure data privacy, consistency, completeness, reasonableness, accuracy, and integrity; coordinate with project teams to correct data entry errors as appropriate.
- Develop process improvements for new and existing data management and reporting needs. Create a database for storing data dictionaries and troubleshooting problems. Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures. Conduct trainings of project staff as needed.
- Identify and implement processes for collecting, standardizing, and utilizing qualitative project data to complement and be used in conjunction with quantitative project data to demonstrate project progress against metrics.
- Generate database reports to support development of adaptive management strategies, indicator status reports, and communication and knowledge management products and platforms. Facilitate workshops on results and learning and support integration of collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) principles across all aspects of technical MEL work.
- Oversee and lead roll-out trainings on MEL standards and tools.
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, data science, international development or other related field with five to seven years of relevant experience. Master’s preferred.
Experience and Skills
- MEL experience for USAID programs and understanding of USAID data requirements and MEL standards.
- Demonstrated experience in defining systems strategy, developing system requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
- Qualitative research skills, including sample design, instrument development, data analysis (using software), and reporting on qualitative evidence. Quantitative skills a plus and should include good command of statistics, sampling methodologies, and statistical analysis software such as SPSS, STATA, Epi Info
- Ability to think strategically and integrate diverse information from varied sources.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills, and ability to present data in an understandable format.
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter at https://encompassworld.com/careers-and-consulting/.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.