EnCompass LLC seeks a Senior Knowledge Management (KM) Specialist for an anticipated 4-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) communication and KM mechanism relevant to the water/WASH sector and the globalwaters.org website. This anticipated project will provide USAID’s Bureau for Resilience and Food Security (USAID/RFS) with a mechanism to support USAID and its partners to increase water security and sanitation program communication and engagement, knowledge curation and sharing, and website management.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in KM and knowledge sharing for global development programs, especially in website/digital platforms oversight and data management and analysis, in addition to organizational learning and knowledge transfer.
This is a full-time position, based in the Washington, D.C., area.
NOTE: This position is expected to be remote until at least the 1st of April 2021, due to COVID-19.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership for the ongoing development and implementation of a comprehensive KM strategy to increase sharing, learning, and collaboration among USAID-funded water program implementers, partners, and internal/external stakeholders, including through management of online platforms/community.
- Monitor progress and support evaluation and assessment of the KM strategy using USAID Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) processes.
- Establish and drive KM guidance, documentation, and learning for the USAID Center for Water Security, Sanitation and Hygiene.
- Develop methods for collecting and sharing new tools/resources so online platform(s) include more materials within relevant areas. Build content-sharing partnerships with relevant sources to link members to a broad range of tools and resources.
- In coordination with communications specialists on the team, identify and convene/ coordinate global, regional, and country-level opportunities for knowledge sharing events/exchanges (in person and/or virtually). Ensure that knowledge-sharing events utilize effective and innovative adult learning approaches. Provide facilitation, as needed.
- Oversee and lead rollout of training and associated learning products related to KM standards and tools.
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed.
- Other duties, as required/appropriate.
- For the mid-level specialist: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in knowledge management, data analytics, library science or other related field with 5-7 years of relevant experience. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in knowledge management, data analytics, library science or other related field with 7–10 years of relevant experience. Master’s preferred.
Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining effective and adaptive KM systems, platforms, and tools that are flexible for a wide variety of international audiences.
- Experience with website design and management highly preferred, including demonstrated ability to identify/coordinate knowledge transfer, product dissemination, and learning across multiple sharing/communication platforms.
- Experience creating and/or working with visual designers to create data analysis and visualization to support knowledge sharing.
- Record of success working with diverse stakeholders at different levels of leadership and across cultures and geographies.
- Project management experience with at least 5 years in the management of large communications and/or KM initiatives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID branding and marking and other KM-related policies and procedures highly desirable.
- Experience building USAID project teams’ KM capacity and/or experience facilitating learning/knowledge-sharing events (online and/or in person) for development professionals preferred.
- Excellent critical thinking, decision-making, and English writing and speaking skills required. Proficiency in a second language (e.g., Arabic, French, Spanish, or Portuguese) desired.
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter at https://encompassworld.com/careers-and-consulting/.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.