WASH Working Group Information Manager Expert
About the mission
Desired start date: December 2020
Duration of the mission: 6 to 9 months
Location: Iraqi Kurdistan (Erbil/Dohuk) with regular field missions in NES (Amuda and Derek).
SI has been working in Syria since 2012 and currently has strong coverage for WASH, FSL and NFI programs across North West (NWS) and North East Syria (NES). The NES programs provide an integrated assistance in the WASH, NFI, Shelter and Livelihoods sectors to displaced populations and host communities affected by the conflict. NWS programs are remotely managed and provide WASH and NFI/Winterization support to affected populations. Since 2016, SI has been partnering with a local health partner to develop and strengthen a WASH-and-Health integrated approach, and is currently developing the streamlining of Protection within its existing programs.
About the job
The WASH Working Group (WWG) Information Management Coach/Expert is in charge of coaching the newly recruited (national) WWG IM.
He/she will assist the IM in setting up operational information systems (specifications, tools design, data centralization, quality assurance).
He/she will ensure that the IM has gained sufficient capacities to produce, in an autonomous manner, professional information management products such as maps, infographics, dashboard.
The IM coach will work under the umbrella of the NES Forum working groups coordination mechanism and with the Whole of Syria cluster system.
The purpose of the IM Coach position is to coach the newly recruited IM who manages the collection, analysis and sharing of information needed for the NES WWG participants to make informed (evidence based) strategic decisions to address humanitarian needs and enable reporting.
The WWG IM Coach will be seconded by SI and will be a short-time position. She/He will sit within SI office in NES, and will work under the supervision and direction of the WWG Coordinator.
- Responding to the Sector participants' needs for information;
- Support HPC implementation monitoring and reporting;
- Organizing and/or conducting data collection, collation, analysis and dissemination for the WASH Sector;
- Undertaking training and capacity building for WASH Sector members according to the needs;
- Contributing to coordination and planning meetings, and highlight gaps in humanitarian assistance;
- Contribute to the core sector functions.
- Data Collection and Management
- Monitoring and reporting
- Dissemination and Access to Information for WASH sector members/stakeholders:
- Ensuring IM standards and capacity for continuity
- Proven expertise in designing, adapting and using all types of IM tools (Excel, Access, Kobo, Power BI, Mapping…);
- Expertise in data storage and file management;
- Expertise in complex dataset analysis
- Ability to transfer complex dataset into user friendly report and information sharing products;
- Proven experience in knowledge transfer, coaching, training.
- Ability to develop plan and targets, to set and meet deadline
- Good knowledge of the Cluster system and Humanitarian Program Cycle
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fluent English with excellent writing capacities is mandatory
- Arabic or Kurdish language skills desirable
SI will offer you
Solidarités International will offer you:
A salaried position with a basis of 1980 euros per month, including 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly, and a monthly per diem of 700 USD a month. Please note that salary is not negotiable with SI.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of on 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3/6 and 9 month (with 850 USD allocated by SI).
To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of 1 additional rest day per month worked (i.e. 12 days in addition for a 1-year contract)
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Living conditions :
Accommodation will be in the SI guesthouse, which is spacious and comfortable. In the specific area where the position is located, security situation is stable (no curfew), with possibilities to socialize due to the presence of other INGOs.
Security inside NES is volatile and justifies specific arrangements for accommodation and displacements in the areas of intervention. Adherence to strict security procedures is necessary, while the security levels can vary according to the different geographical locations and the changes of context.
The highly volatile context as well conduct the program department to design and implement activities with a strong focus on access and acceptance.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/