• Do you have excellent problem solving skills ?
• Do you have strong written communication skills?
• Location: Melbourne CBD This position provides an excellent opportunity for a motivated self-starter to support the development and implementation of strategic policies and projects to support environmental water management in Victoria.
Working as part of the business management and governance team within Environmental Water, this position will be primarily responsible for supporting state government investment processes that seek to improve the health of Victoria’s waterways. The successful candidate will also be responsible for development and delivery of key environmental water projects and policy, and have the skills and flexibility to adapt to the Environmental Water team’s diverse work program.
- Essential – a degree qualification or higher, preferably in science, environmental engineering, natural resource management, environmental law, or a relevant equivalent, to assist formulation and implementation of relevant policy.
- Highly desirable – experience in budget forecasting, planning and management; experience in investment planning and reporting; demonstrated knowledge of Victoria’s water entitlement framework, water policy framework, and environmental, social and recreational values of waterways.
This is a fixed term position available up until November 2021.
To be considered for this position, your application should include a supporting statement demonstrating that you meet the Key Selection Criteria detailed in the position description, including the Specialist/Technical Expertise/Qualifications and Knowledge and Skills sections.
For further information please refer to the attached position description.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday 18 November 2020.
Other relevant information:
Preferred candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment screening, including a Declaration and Consent form and a National Police Check.
We are building an inclusive workplace to help realise the potential of our employees, embrace our differences, and apply our diverse thinking to innovation and delivering services to Victorian communities. All jobs can be worked flexibly and we encourage job applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.