Ryevitalise Programme Officer – fixed-term contract to October 2023
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Programme Officer to join our Ryevitalise Landscape Partnership project team. Working closely with the Programme Manager this post will oversee the delivery of the Ryevitalise Landscape Conservation Action Plan taking the lead on a variety of activities.
To be successful, we’ll need you to demonstrate your;
– Strong project management skills
– Understanding of, and ability to implement, river catchment restoration and nature recovery measures
– Ability to enthuse and engage a wide variety of audiences including partners, local community groups and visitors
– Ecological knowledge and appreciation for the historic environment to support our Citizen Science programmes
– A keen interest in finding creative ways to interpret landscapes and ecosystems to build engaging interpretation to inspire others to care for this special area
Ryevitalise is a Landscape Partnership Scheme, supported by the National Lottery Heritage Fund, working together to “conserve, enhance and restore the natural and cultural heritage the River Rye and its tributaries, encouraging people to reconnect with the history, wildlife and landscapes of the area”. We are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled person with a passion for people, wildlife and river landscapes to join the team.
You’ll find that you are working with skilled, dedicated and supportive colleagues; and you will have the chance to take advantage of our excellent personal development and flexible working opportunities.
The National Park and surrounding area is a superb place to live and work with excellent schools and good access to main transportation links. Whilst the post is based at the Authority’s Headquarters in the attractive town of Helmsley (with many site visits and engagement work taking place in the project area), it is expected the post will involve a significant amount of home working.
Please feel free to give Alexandra Cripps, Ryevitalise Programme Manager, a call for an informal discussion on 01439 772700