Sustainable sanitation enables dignified and safe access to toilets, is resistant to climatic change, supports the hygienically safe reuse of wastewater and contributes to improved health conditions. The Sector Programme “Sustainable Sanitation Systems” aims to further develop concepts for city-wide sanitation solutions (including hygiene) and advises development cooperation projects on implementation. The sector programme transfers expert technical and policy knowledge in the sanitation sector and contributes towards national and international processes. In addition, the programme hosts the Sustainable Sanitation Alliance (SuSanA) Secretariat and the SFD Promotion Initiative, for the global dissemination of “Shit-Flow Diagrams” (SFDs).
- Support the coordination of theSuSanA Secretariat and the SFD as well as the corresponding online platforms
- Coordination of various international actors as well as with the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Maintenance of the SuSanA knowledge platform as well as the management of the discussion forum moderators and the coordinators of the four country and regional chapters
- Management of the IT service providers and external communication
- Support the planning and organization of regular network meetings, relevant national and international conferences
- Exchange and cooperation with other relevant networks and initiatives within GIZ, as well as within the German and international development cooperation community in the WASH (Water supplies, sanitation and hygiene in schools) sector
- University degree in environmental engineering, health sciences, geography, political, social or regional sciences, economics or another relevant field of study with a focus on international cooperation
- Professional experience in development cooperation
- Good knowledge of the sanitation sector
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills as well as self-reliant, cooperative and innovative working style
- Experience in event management of international workshops and conferences is an advantage
- Service orientation, communication, networking skills and ability to work in a team
- Fluent in English, knowledge of German is of advantage
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.