Title: Coordinator – Water and Waterways
Tenure: Full time to 30 June 2021
Base Salary: $80,000 – $95,000
Location: Mackay or Proserpine
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Reef Catchments is a regional community not-for-profit business focused on enhanced use and management of natural resources (land, water, vegetation and ecosystem health) while maintaining a viable regional community. More information about Reef Catchments and its activities is available at www.reefcatchments.com.au
Join a dynamic and versatile team to lead the design, development and implementation Water and Quality Improvement initiatives within the Mackay, Whitsunday and Isaac region. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with partners and stakeholders in developing, coordinating and reporting on waterways management issues.
The Coordinator will lead a small, dedicated team in the Implementation of the Water Quality Improvement Plan and identify key water and waterways management issues, processes, policies, targets, opportunities and threats.
You will be required to foster an inclusive team culture, ensuring all officers are clear on what is expected of them.
This is a highly varied and fast-paced role, requiring an energetic multi-tasker with the ability to coordinate activities and outcomes across Water & Quality Improvement project areas simultaneously. We are looking for a team player with a positive and engaging personality. In return, we offer a flexible and positive work environment, with excellent conditions, and an opportunity to enhance and build your skills in multiple areas.
• SC1 – Tertiary qualification in a relevant field such as Applied Science or Natural Resource Management with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the NRM sector.
• SC2 – Well developed understanding of river processes in tropical environments and experience in remediation activities for restoring degraded systems.
• SC3– Demonstrated skills in the development and implementation of projects including proposal writing, budgeting, reporting, project and contractor management.
• SC4– Demonstrated experience managing staff in multi-jurisdictional work teams including workforce planning and staff performance management.
• SC5 – Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with and influence a diverse client base including farmers, industry groups, government and contractors.
• SC6 – Current manual Driver’s Licence.
How you will be assessed
You will be assessed on how you meet the selection criteria listed. To ensure that sufficient information is provided to allow an informed assessment to be made, you are required to:
1. Provide a response outlining your suitability for the position, with specific examples which address the bullet points listed under selection criteria. Your response should be no more than 2 pages; and
2. Attach your current resume (of no more than 6 pages) with at least two referees who have knowledge of your work.
The selection panel will assess your ability to perform the work required of the position based on your response and resume and other selection processes which may include an interview and/or work test.
Referees will be contacted to verify the information you provide and to comment on how you demonstrate the attributes being sought.
Further information can be obtained by contacting
Phone: (07) 4968 4200 or email: [email protected]
Please submit your application and selection criteria, via Seek by close of business, Monday 16 November 2020.