Mahila Abhivruddhi Society, Andhra Pradesh (APMAS)
Job Description for the position of Project Manager – Urban WASH Project, Vijayawada & Guntur Location, Andhra Pradesh
Project: Strengthen Community Managed Urban WASH services in Andhra Pradesh
Project Duration: One year, initially
Reports to: MD & CEO, APMAS
Field travel: High (More than 60%)
Mahila Abhivruddhi Society, Andhra Pradesh (APMAS), a non-profit organization has been working with women SHGs, SHG Federations and FPOs for over 19 years. APMAS with the support from UNICEF will implement a project “Strengthen Community Managed Urban WASH services in Andhra Pradesh”. Initially the project will focus on Household toilet facilities, access to drinking water, solid waste management and Community sanitary complexes. It envisages at least 20% of additional HHs in these ULBs will have access to these services by the end of the project.
1. Objective of the Assignment:
• To manage the implementation of Community Managed WASH services in select ULBs of Andhra Pradesh
2. Key tasks:
• Liaisoning and coordinating with the Government and public bodies such as, MEPMA, Health Dept., WCD, Education Department etc.,
• Managing staff and overseeing day-to-day activities related to management and implementation of the project.
• Prepare or as appropriate supervise the preparation of progress reports, annual reports, project completion report and any other reports as required by the stakeholders.
• Prepare or as appropriate supervise the preparation of work plans and budgets
• Organizing periodic review meetings or as per requirement
• Overall supervision of the project activities to ensure smooth functioning
• Handholding support and supervision to the field team / agents for effective implementation
• Lead development of work plans, workshops and periodic meetings
• Assist and oversee development of IEC / SBCC and training materials required for the project
• Capacity Building using SBCC.
• Coordination of Base-line and End-line studies
• Planning of project timelines and realistic milestones
• Coordination and communication with the donors
• Support the designing of survey tools for the baseline assessment and development of baseline report
• Organize ULB wise series of meetings / workshop for seeking inputs from experts to present baseline findings and seek inputs for preparation of these improvement plans.
• Facilitate the development of ULB wise improvement plans. Share ward-wise approved plans with respective ward level WASH committee or SLF / TLF for making local action plans and implementation.
• Review the existing IEC materials and facilitate the development of communication strategy and Communication materials
• Ensure the development of monitoring framework
• Facilitate organizing meetings / Workshops at various levels for better coordination and capacity building
• Organize regular community campaign events to improve WASH behavior and create demand on WASH services
• Facilitate the preparation of approach document based on this project successful approaches and learning’s on Urban WASH services
• Monitoring progress reports are provided in a timely manner, indicating project progress, challenges, and possible solutions
• Facilitate the development of 2 community centred policies on Urban WASH sector
• Provide inputs for donor report
4. Qualifications and experience requirements:
• Post-Graduation in social sciences / Water and Sanitation or related sector with minimum 5 years’ experience in WASH / Rural Development. Will be relaxed for exceptional candidates.
• Excellent communication skills in English and Telugu would be essential for this assignment.
• Should be well versed with using computer and internet
• Previous experience of working with the sector flagships (NBA / SBM & NRDWP) and allied projects related to Health / WASH / Education / Disaster Management programs would be considered additional and desirable qualifications.
• Knowledge on Urban / Rural Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Solid and Liquid Waste Management (SLWM), WASH in Institutions and Child Rights and Education system are desirable qualifications.
• Experience in Capacity Building Programs, like skills education, training, organizing workshops and meetings.
• Willing to frequently travel to all the districts of Andhra Pradesh and also to other states if necessary for any urgent priority program (Workshop / Meeting / Conference etc.,)
Interested candidates may please apply on the ‘APMAS-HR recruitment page’ by clicking on http://apmas.in/apmas/hr or may visit APMAS vacancies page at http://www.apmas.org/vacancies.php
Applications received on or before 15th November, 2020 will only be considered. Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.