Water Resources Engineer
Herrera seeks an engineer and project manager with 10 or more years of professional experience and expertise in environmental water resources design and construction, and related interdisciplinary team coordination. The location of this position is open for our Bellingham, WA, Seattle, WA, Olympia, WA or Portland, OR offices. This candidate will support and manage a variety of ecological restoration and infrastructure projects for public and private clients throughout the Pacific Northwest in collaboration with multidisciplinary project teams. Typical types of projects include:
- River and stream habitat restoration and enhancement
- River and stream bank stabilization
- Fish passage improvements
- Watershed planning
- Flood control
- Support for other engineering and surface water management projects
Applicant must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, or a master’s degree in civil engineering if undergraduate degree was not in civil engineering
- 10 or more years of professional experience
- Experience preparing design plans, construction specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Experience managing design tasks through design completion and construction.
- Experience developing scopes of work and budgets for design work
- Construction management and inspection experience
- Familiarity with Pacific Northwest watersheds
- A current professional engineer’s license in Washington or Oregon
- Ability to multi-task daily, and work with a fast-paced team of interdisciplinary staff working on several concurrent projects
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- A current Washington or Oregon State driver’s license.
Additional qualifications sought:
- Master’s degree in civil engineering or environmental science with an emphasis on aquatic ecosystems restoration, hydraulics, or geomorphology
- Fish passage analysis and design experience with roadway culverts
- Knowledge of hydrologic analysis and modeling tools and techniques
- Hydraulic modeling experience
- Stream channel design experience
- Permit application experience (e.g., Washington State HPA, federal Clean Water Act Section 404, and local agency permits for grading, erosion control, etc.)
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD
- Proficiency in the use of ArcGIS
- Experience with field data collection and related equipment including knowledge of survey techniques and equipment
- Business development experience
- Other specific trainings and professional organization affiliations should be noted in the applicant’s résumé and/or cover letter.
Application Deadline: November 29, 2020
At Herrera, our goal is to work with our clients to create economic vitality and community in a sustaining environment. We strive to provide a greater depth of understanding and value for our clients with every project, to make a real difference in the world, and to have fun along the way. We seek responsible growth to provide our Herrera family with new opportunities for learning and to share what we learn with new clients in new contexts. Join our innovative and collaborative team to help make a difference. Onward. Together.
To learn more, please visit our website at: www.herrerainc.com
To be successful, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Herrera provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Herrera does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
We encourage women, minorities, veterans, disabled veterans, and the disabled to apply for this position.