About British Water:
British Water is a trade association which has a wide and varied membership covering all sectors of the water industry from water companies, manufacturers of equipment and multi-disciplinary contractors to small-and medium-sized technology companies and independent consultants. We work to bring a coherent approach to delivering the best for the water industry by ensuring each member has access to services that will enhance their development potential and provide added value to the industry.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To help administer British Water’s technical activities and all other duties consistent with this brief.
The Technical Manager
This is a remote, part-time, temporary role from December 2020 – March 2021. The working hours are 0930-1330 from Tuesday to Friday.
The day-to-day administration of the technical programme of activities:
- To assist in the delivery of meetings, focus groups and services
- To assist in the development of services
Main Tasks of Job:
British Water delivers its three core services through the UK Forum (UKF), Technical Forum (TF) and International Forum (IF). The Technical Officer will support the work of the Technical Forum and UK Forum.
The Technical Forum is responsible for monitoring, promote and advising on technical, technological and regulatory issues relating to the water and wastewater industry in the UK and internationally, including relevant technical standards.
The Technical Forum (TF) currently has 8 groups which are chaired by a convenor who is elected from the membership of British Water.
- Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP)
- Sustainable Water Management (SuWM)
- Data & Analytics (D&A)
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) - BIM4Water
- Innovation (I)
- Real-Time Monitoring (RTM)
- Micropollutants (M)
- Grease Contractors Association (GCA)
The UK Forum is responsible for supporting members with an interest in the UK municipal and industrial markets. The UK Forum provides access to key clients, senior leaders and regulators as well as market updates. The forum also monitors consultations and developments in order to help influence change on behalf of the supply chain.
The role of the administrator will also include:
- Answering enquiries
- Helping to maintain the database
- Arranging meetings including the registrations and distribution of the agenda/papers
- Following up with attendees and actions as required after meetings
- Taking the minutes of meetings
- Coordinating with other departments
- Handling the distribution of general correspondence and usual clerical tasks
- Responsible for communications on the work of the forums
- Assisting in the delivery of other British Water meetings as and when required
Candidates will be informed they will have to be able to demonstrate/provide examples of the following areas:
- Be a team player
- Be able to work in a team and independently
- Be detailed and accurate
- Be dependable and truthful
- Be motivated and dedicated
- Have strong organisational, grammar and communication skills
- Have focus and resilience
- Be able to make capable and effective decisions
- Be able to prioritise, and manage tasks
- Be pleasant, professional and proficient
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (including Teams)
- Technical knowledge of the environment and the water/wastewater industry
- Experienced in delivering secretariat tasks
- Experienced in engaging in environmental topics on social media and blogs
To apply for this role forward your CV and a covering letter (no longer than 1 page), on why are suitable for the role, to Dr Mar Batista, email@example.com . The deadline for applications is 1200 noon Tuesday 24th November.