We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual for the available position of Water Quality Specialist, who will be responsible for developing, coordinating and performing water quality monitoring for lake management planning as well as provide technical water quality input on planning and permitting matters. This individual will manage special projects and develop new projects and programs where appropriate, collaborating with external organizations, community groups as well as leading the Citizen Science program developing new opportunities for volunteers to support the monitoring work.
* Provide scientific expertise enabling effective field sampling, high-level data analysis, and interpretation of water quality monitoring information according to approved protocols.
* Work with local organizations, municipal advisory committees, agencies, and government partners to promote the Authority, water management programming and the goals of watershed management plans.
* Take the lead on managing and developing the Citizen Science projects and programs and develop community involvement.
* Organize and implement projects as developed or assigned, including the training of staff, coordination of efforts related to the project, data preparation and analysis, and presentation of materials to the public, agencies and the Board of Directors.
* Lead the water quality aspect of provincial and federal government programs such as the Provincial Water Quality Monitoring Program and the Provincial Ground Water Quality Network.
* A University degree in water quality/chemistry or equivalent.
* Knowledge of municipal planning process and various provincial and federal legislations.
* Minimum three (3) years progressively responsible experience in a similar role, with an emphasis on planning and conducting field operations, data management and analysis and preparation of technical reports.
* Proven ‘people skills’ and desire to work collaboratively across a variety of volunteer groups and teams.
* Demonstrated collaboration and communication skills with ability to work with local organizations, municipal advisory committees, agencies, and government partners to promote the Authority, water management programming and the goals of watershed management plans.
* Project management experience.
* Exemplary client and customer service delivery.
* A combination of field, office, and remote work.
For a full job description please visit our website: www.kawarthaconservation.com.
Applicants are required to electronically submit a cover letter that specifically demonstrates how they meet the position qualifications above, with a resume in one of the following formats, MS WORD or ADOBE PDF, by no later than Thursday, November 12, 2020 to: [email protected] .com with the subject: Re: Water Quality Specialist.
Please note that due to the Pandemic situation, interviews may be carried out virtually (via Zoom) rather than face to face. We will accommodate the needs of applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise us to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Reference ID: Water Quality Specialist
Application deadline: 2020-11-12
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $63,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday