E.U. nationals: Communications Officer
The core task of the communications team is ensuring that Climate Analytics’ research and analysis reaches intended audiences and makes an impact. As Communications Officer you will be involved in all aspects of this work, from stakeholder and media outreach, events and webinars to social media. Reporting to the Head of Communications, you will ensure that the operational side of communications work runs smoothly by improving existing processes and tools and creating new ones. You will maintain the organisation’s website and actively contribute to its further development. Working with our researchers and analysts, you will edit reports and briefings, help prepare blogs, commentaries and press releases to a high standard that furthers the reputation of our organisation and experts.
- Give support to Climate Analytics communication activities, including event/webinar organisation, developing and improving tools, procedures, templates and guidelines
- Working with our content teams, develop, implement, monitor and evaluate communication strategies for projects and publications
- Media outreach, including managing media lists, drafting press releases, preparing press conferences, and dealing with media requests
- Take an active role in communication activities through writing, preparation of background materials, newsletters and social media output
- Maintain Climate Analytics website
- Help ensure that Climate Analytics’ published output is of high standard through editing and proof-reading
- Experience in a similar role at a climate or an environmental organisation
- Experience working with news media – from understanding deadlines to writing press releases and setting embargoes, identifying hooks and timing of releases – to understanding what makes a story
- Experience with social media and website content management systems
- Interest in and a good understanding of climate change, decarbonisation, international politics and the UN climate process
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal. Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to distil complex concepts into accessible language and write engaging copy
- Strong administrative skills, and proven capacity to organise effectively work of self and others
- Great interpersonal skills, highly motivated, proactive, good team player, calm under pressure
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work effectively on multiple workstreams at once and deliver to agreed deadlines
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- A genuine interest in the mission of Climate Analytics
- An eye for good design and visual communication
- Experience in graphic design/videos using programs such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working in a non-profit organisation
- Fluency in German or a UN language is an asset
- Willingness to travel (once travel for work resumes)
- A job with purpose. With us you will work in a team of engaged people and with your skills you can make a positive contribution to our work in the field of climate change.
- A positive and inspiring working atmosphere in an international team in Berlin. Our office is located near Moritzplatz in the heart of the lively Kreuzberg, surrounded by a dynamic startup scene. At the moment most of our colleagues are working from home.
- We will refund your BVG ticket and offer a company pension plan.
Application Deadline: 18 November 2020
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: Berlin, Germany
Terms: Full-time position. Currently we can offer a one-year fixed term contract with the possibility of extension based on performance and funding – we are interested in a long term cooperation.
Requirements: EU citizen or existing work permit for Germany.
Please apply with your CV, cover letter and a list of three referees in PDF format by 18 November 2020 and indicate in your cover letter your earliest start date and your salary expectations.
Please apply exclusively using the application form. Applications by email or by post can unfortunately not be processed.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Claudia Neumann ( ).