Internship: Advancing evaluation of gender and social equality outcomes in WASH
SEI HQ is looking for an intern with an interest in research synthesis methods and/or a background in social aspects of WASH interventions.
Deadline: 16 November 2020 23:59 CET
SEI research team works on a synthesis project to improve understanding of gender and social equality (GSE) outcomes of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) interventions. The project uses a systematic review methodology to synthesize available research evidence on this subject and in a comprehensive, repeatable, rigorous, and transparent manner. The candidate will have an opportunity to learn from leading experts about mixed methods approach to systematic reviews, as well as GSE in WASH. The candidate should have an interest in either research synthesis methods and/or background in social aspects of WASH interventions and/or GSE specifically. The candidate must be fluent in English.
- To learn about the review subject and methodology by supporting the project team with one of the following:
- Screening of literature
- Coding and data extraction
- Stakeholder engagement and organisations of workshops
- Actively collaborating with the project team, attending project meetings and reporting on the progress (when required)
- A student currently undertaking a master’s degree in a relevant subject (political science, social science, environmental studies, etc.)
- Have knowledge of evidence synthesis methods (desirable)
- Apart from English, speaks Spanish and/or French (desirable)
How to apply
We are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis so please submit your application as soon as possible, however no later than 16 November, 23:59 Stockholm local time. Applications should be written in English and consist of a short CV and cover letter (maximum 1 page).
- A cover letter addressing:
- what you would like to do during your internship
- how the internship relates to your studies
- what kind of insurance you are (fully) covered by when travelling and when working on our premises
- Your ability to work home-based during large parts of the internship (due to the COVID-19 circumstances)
- Duration of the internship, and if the internship will be full-time or part-time (please give a percentage)