Brief description of HIH:
Hand in Hand for Aid and Development (HIHFAD), previously operating as Hand in Hand for Syria, was established as a UK registered charity soon after the start of the Syrian crisis in 2011 by a group of British Syrians in order to deliver humanitarian assistance to civilians impacted by the conflict in Syria. From humble beginnings the charity has grown to become one of the leading humanitarian actors serving Syrian communities both inside Syria and in neighbouring countries, employing over 1000 staff in Syria, Turkey and the UK. As the organization grows, it now handles multiple institutional donors such as UN, ECHO, International NGOs and bilateral governmental agencies.
Purpose of the Position:
- Assess needs for WASH interventions (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene facilities) remotely.
- Ensure the project will satisfy the needs of the beneficiaries and provide oversight of WASH NFI Distribution.
- Ensure that project is alleviating its goals in alleviating people’s suffering.
- When need be, Represent HIHFAD in coordination meetings such as WASH cluster and other cluster meetings.
- Help design and revise the construction/rehabilitation works component of the project work-plan remotely and monitor that the implementation of the construction/ rehabilitation activities respects the time-table milestones and deadlines.
- Regular monitoring of ongoing activities remotely to ensure that all the activities are executing as per design, specifications and work schedule.
- Extend all possible technical support to other team members in Syria.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly work plans and construction progress reports.
- Verify the work done at site and recommend for the payments to contractor(s)/casual labors etc.
- Working in harmony with all other project staff and field team for the effective and efficient day-to-day management of the WASH project in Gaziantep.
- Prepare weekly reports, and drafting monthly reports.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in water supply and sanitation engineering, or civil engineering (Preferable), hydraulic engineering, or related field.
- At least one years’ work experience in WASH and similar role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write periodic and ad hoc reports and correspondence.
Preference will be given to Turkish citizens.
How to apply
Interested applicants should fill the application vie the following link:
Only candidates who are short-listed for interviews will be notified.