Project Manager (Water)
With approximately 49,500 talented people globally and 5,400 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
While we are a large global business, we aren’t tied down by bureaucracy. We strive to give our people the freedom and flexibility to make their own decisions, whether this is in their daily work or for progressing their career. If you wish to know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
Due to growth within our NSW Water team, we are currently looking to engage a Project Manager to join our team. You will be working with key NSW clients including Sydney Water and Water NSW. We were recently awarded a 10-year contract to partner with Sydney Water to deliver the P4S (D4C) program of works. We are delivering several long-term programs with these clients and have identified the need for a Project Manager to provide support across multiple programs.
- Project Management of medium and large projects/programs in delivery implementation consistent with WSP requirements.
- Manage Project Controls, Contracts Administration and Cost Planning.
- Perform internal cost tracking and external cost reporting per client contract requirements.
- Assist engineers in identifying and managing project changes with our clients.
- Ensure projects comply with the Integrated Management System, and participate in periodic project audits and quality health checks.
- Ensure that risk management principles & methodologies are applied to Project systems and processes.
- Contribute to and foster a good safety culture to ensure the safety and well-being of all staff.
What we'll love about you
This role is strategically important to our future growth and impact. We are looking for someone who has a can-do attitude, who is consultative, able to prioritise their work and get things done. The successful candidate will be a team player, and able to work with a range of stakeholders including influencing senior leaders and helping highly technical engineers understand commercial imperatives.
- Diploma, bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification and experience
- Typically, 3 - 10 years’ transferable experience
- Experience in engineering consultancy or construction industry desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills required – working with teams spread across our Australian offices.
- Able to juggle multiple tasks across several projects.
- Sound knowledge of contracts and change management (including drafting variations).
- Strong experience in cost reporting, analysis, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word essential.
- Experience in managing project budgets and using financial tools.
- Experience in writing quality reports and documents.
What we will offer you
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional development opportunities
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion…….
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities—like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.