Senior Water Resources Specialist
As a Water Resources Specialist, you will be a key figure in the UK water resources team, and your remit will cover a range of technical, management and commercial/client-facing activities.
You will have particular responsibility for:
- Delivering water resource management, catchment management and hydrological modelling projects
- Managing projects and maintaining client relationships
- Assisting with winning work and the development of new business within the water resources team and across the wider water resources practice
- Providing technical guidance, support and training to junior colleagues and assisting, where practicable, in the mentoring and development of others
Our water resources practice brings together a wealth of staff knowledge and experience in hydrology, hydrogeology, water quality, catchment management, climate resilience and associated disciplines. It encourages staff to work across disciplines and to forge networks across the business, aiming to harness our talents and expertise for both innovation and resilience.
For those with related interests, there are many opportunities to get involved across our teams on activities such as hydrogeology and groundwater management; environmental impact assessment; contaminated land management; and flood risk management. We therefore welcome applications from people with varied backgrounds and skillsets.
- Chartered (or near Chartership) with an appropriate professional body
- Extensive professional experience in water systems modelling, specifically in Aquator (expertise in other packages such as MISER, PyWR or WEAP will be an advantage)
- Proven track record in water resources management and hydrology, including rainfall-runoff modelling
- Competent in related packages such as HYSIM, PDM, CATCHMOD, SWAT, QGIS/ArcGIS
- Awareness of regulatory requirements as regards the UK water resources management planning process
- Able to guide and mentor junior staff
- Understands the importance of prioritising Health, Safety and Environmental issues
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Our water resources team has an exceptionally strong record in providing services and expertise to the UK and international water sectors. Demand for these services continues to grow, and we are seeking an experienced Water Resources Specialist to join our team in Cambridge, with a particular focus on water systems modelling.
We have a number of focus areas in which we are delivering and developing work. We are on several consultancy framework agreements, including for Anglian Water, Severn Trent Water, the EA and SEPA, and we are currently positioning for further consultancy work in the UK water sector over AMP7.
Our in-house design-and-build offering (Mott MacDonald Bentley) are currently delivering six frameworks with major water companies, and we are looking to strengthen both strategic and detailed water resources services both through and alongside them.
We are also helping major developers and asset owners to understand and effectively manage flood, water quality and environmental risks, with current UK clients including HS2, Heathrow Airport, National Grid, Thames Tideway and TfL. We are also supporting a variety of international clients on a range of water resource and flood risk related projects.