Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam nationals: Remote Sensing and GIS Specialist
The jobholder coordinates and carries out remote sensing analysis, GIS, and mapping for MRC activities undertaken by all the MRCS divisions, and provides other technical support and assistance to them in these areas. Prioritised and key areas of focus that will require remote sensing, image processing and mapping are: Elevation data (Digital Elevation Model / Digital Terrain Model), land cover and wetland mapping, flood extent, depth and duration, climate change, primary production, soil distribution, base images, drought management, sediment monitoring, geo morphological change assessment and visualization.
- University degree (Master or higher) in remote sensing, geography or related field.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) training is an advantage
- TOEIC certificate with 600 points and over is required. An equivalent internationally recognized certificate or a university degree from an internationally recognized academic institution whose instruction is in English may also be considered.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in remote sensing and GIS applications;
- Use of remote sensing in one or more of the above mentioned key areas;
- Experience in developing spatial natural resources information systems and databases, demonstrating knowledge of natural resources classification systems and mapping, preferably in relation to the Mekong region or similar natural environments;
- Full working knowledge of Remote Sensing and GIS data/information handling software and other relevant tools, including ArcGIS ArcInfo software;
- Experience in applying satellite remote sensing, both SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar) and optical imageries, to GIS for natural resources mapping and inventories would be an advantage.
MRC is an equal opportunity therefore; we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process. Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Job Description (JD). Applications are expected to fill in the MRC Personal History Form (Form RS-09). Both JD and the Personal History Form can be found at the top right corner of this page. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and are invited for an interview.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV and (iii) MRC Personal History Form. The position title and division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.
Candidates must send his/her application via e-mail to the National Mekong Committee in the candidate’s home country using the contacts below:
Cambodia National Mekong Committee
Address: P.O.Box 623, 364 Monivong Blvd.,
Sangkat Phsar Doerm Thkouv, Khan Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel. (855-23) 216 514 Fax. (855-23) 218 506
Lao National Mekong Committee
Address: Khunbulom Road, Chantabouly District, Vientiane
Tel. (856-21) 260 983 Fax.(856-21) 260 984
Thai National Mekong Committee
Address: Office of the National Water Resources
Juthamard Building, 89/168-170 Vibhavadi Rangsit Road, Bangkok 10210
Tel. +66 2 554 1800 ext. 1392
Fax. +66 2 521 9147
Viet Nam National Mekong Committee
Address: 23 Hang Tre, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Tel. (84-24) 3934 3565
Fax. (84-24) 3825 6929