Tenure-track faculty position at the Zuckerberg Institute for Water Research (ZIWR), Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Sede Boqer campus, Israel.
Rank: Lecturer or Senior Lecturer (parallel to Asst. Prof.)
Application open until 30/1/2021
The ZIWR invites applications for a tenure-track position in water sciences/catchment hydrology with a focus on topics such as (but not limited to): catchment hydrology, large-scale hydrological modeling, catchment-scale contaminant transport (including nutrients, micropollutants, and plastic), hydrological modeling and “big-data,” and artificial intelligence in hydrological science.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop strong research and teaching programs, which include mentoring and training graduate students in one or more areas related to water science and technology. All teaching and mentoring at the ZIWR is performed in English. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to apply for highly competitive research grants; publish in highly ranked peer-reviewed journals; and participate in the ZIWR’s activities.
- PhD in a relevant water-related field such as: hydrology, regional hydrology, water sciences, physics, engineering (e.g., chemical, civil, environmental and biotechnological) or other related disciplines.
- Postdoctoral research experience in related topics.
- We expect that at least one of the graduate training (MSc, PhD, Post Doc) was undertaken in an institution outside Israel.
- A strong record of outstanding peer-reviewed publications. • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with multidisciplinary research approaches.
• Experience in writing research proposals and teaching at the university level.
Faculty Department(s): Zuckerberg Institute for Water Research Full Time Salary Rate: ACADEMIC (12 months)
Appointment percent: 100%
Anticipated begin date: 1 October, 2021
Number of Positions: 1
Applicants should email the followings as PDFs:
(1) A cover letter referencing ZIWR open position addressed to Professor Amit Gross, Director of the Zuckerberg Institute for Water Research (ZIWR).
(2) A curriculum vitae.
(3) A 2-3 page Research Statement, summarizing current and planned research (also include a statement describing past collaborative research activities and potential future collaborations).
(4) A 1-2 page Teaching Statement .
(5) In addition, please have your references immediately submit letters of recommendation on your behalf, indicating ZIWR Open position to the following email address:
The deadline for ensuring full consideration is January 31, 2021, however the position will remain open and applications may be considered until the position is filled.
Contact information: Prof. Amit Gross, Director Zuckerberg Institute for Water Research, Jacob Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research Phone: Tel: +972-8-6596896 | Fax: +972-8-6596909 | Emails: ;