INSTITUTION: Institute of Geophysics Polish Academy of Sciences
POSITION: Associate Professor (profesor instytutu) in the Department Hydrology and Hydrodynamics
DISCIPLINE: Earth and Environmental Sciences
POSTED: October 26th, 2020
EXPIRES: November 12th,2020 until 15:00
- At least a postdoctoral degree (habilitation) or equivalent in the domain science and in the discipline of Earth and Environmental Science. For people who have obtained a degree abroad, they must have at least a doctoral degree.
- distinguishing scientific achievements (documented by publications) in the represented field, which will be positively assessed by the Commission in charge of the competition for scientific posts at the Institute;
- documented didactic activity or involvement in the popularisation of science;
- documented achievements in the field of educating scientific staff, including among others performing the function of an auxiliary supervisor in a doctoral dissertation or performing the function of a supervisor in a doctoral dissertation, documented participation in implementing research projects, performing substantive supervision over the scientific development of a doctoral student at the time of applying for the position of professor at the institute;
- documented organizational achievements in the field of science, including among other documented participation in the implementation of research projects, along witch the management of at least one scientific project financed with external funds, excluding subsidies for young scientists;
- Major achievements in monitoring and modelling riverine dynamics at different scales, taking into account sediment transport and morphological changes;
- Experience in remote/field monitoring of fluvial dynamics;
- Major achievements in understanding the impact of natural and anthropogenic changes on the fluvial dynamics and the transport of material in surface water;
- Knowledge of basic programming languages (Matlab, Fortran)
- Knowledge of numerical modelling for river modelling (Mike, Hec-Ras, CCHE2D, SSIIM)
- Publications in prestigious peer-reviewed journals
- Participation in national and international scientific conferences;
- Participation in editorial boards and international scientific associations;
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
Required documents for the competition:
- Cover letter
- Confirmation of conferring the postdoctoral (habilitation) and in the case of candidates from outside the Institute of Geophysics of the Polish Academy of Sciences, it is required to submit a document confirming conferring the PhD degree. For people who have obtained a degree abroad, confirmation of awarding at least a doctoral degree is required.
- List of the Candidate's scientific achievements with a numerical summary
- List of the Candidate's didactic, educational and organizational achievements
- Other documents relevant to the case (at the discretion of the Candidate).
Form of offers:
Application documents should be sent (date of receipt) until November 12th,2020 until 15:00
to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
I agree to the processing of personal data contained in my job offer for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment process carried out by Institute of Geophysics Polish Academy of Sciences with its registered office at 64 Księcia Janusza,01-452 Warsaw, Poland, in accordance with art. 6 par. 1 lit. a Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (general data protection regulation). At the same time, I consent to the processing of my personal data for the purposes of future recruitment.