Environmental Specialist – Global Water Focus
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“The impact 3M has on people’s lives and communities around the globe is amazing. As the leader of 3M’s global community giving, I am incredibly proud to be part of and work alongside 3Mers, community partners and customers committed to making positive social change.” – Michael Stroik, director of 3Mgives
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As an Environment Specialist–Global Water Focus you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by being primarily responsible for providing subject matter expertise in water quality and water treatment to support facilities around the world. In addition, you will be responsible to:
- Provide leadership on water stewardship and compliance subject matter expertise globally; evaluate the effectiveness of programs, processes, and technology related to the water discharges at 3M manufacturing facilities
- Utilize subject matter expertise to lead teams and advise colleagues on best practice water strategies, solutions and implementation; engage with regulatory agencies, where needed, to assist area and site EHS colleagues and support 3M manufacturing facility operations
- Lead and/or participate on corporate environment audits
- Develop standard work for water programs and tools, including validation with area EHS teams to ensure improvements are efficient and effective.
- Collaborate across corporate EHS, area/site EHS teams, engineering, R&D, legal affairs, and external stakeholders to drive performance excellence, recognize and develop best practices and implement novel environmental technologies
- Foster a culture of trust, collaboration, attention to detail, and standard work to realize a working environment of open communications, project management and prioritization, and a full entitlement mindset toward compliance and risk reduction
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who (at a minimum) must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering or science discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Five (5) years of combined experience in Environmental or Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) — (private, public, government or military)
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Combined expertise in water distribution, treatment and optimization
- Experience with global, regional (U.S., Asia, etc.), and/or state environmental regulations, permits, and regulatory compliance strategies for manufacturing facilities
- Experience in process engineering, design engineering, project management and/or manufacturing/production
- Certification(s) such as: Professional Engineer (PE), Qualified Environmental Professional (QEP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), or related EHS credential
Travel: May include up to 30% domestic/international
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.