Focused on Environmental Sustainability – So are we.
Metallurgical Coal Australia
Metallurgical coal is an essential ingredient in blast-furnace steel manufacture, producing steel used for critical building and infrastructure around the world. In Australia, we operate two open cut and three underground metallurgical coal mines in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, every year producing millions of tonnes of the highest quality hard coking coal for this purpose.
We are currently seeking an experienced Environmental Sustainability Specialist to support our team for a 12-month Maternity leave cover. You will be responsible for coordinating Sustainability and Environmental improvement projects across the Metallurgical Coal (MetCoal) business. This will involve identifying best practice environmental and sustainable development areas and coordinating alignment to the Anglo American Sustainable Mining Plan.
- You will assist in the development and support of the strategies and action plans to meet Environmental Sustainability targets for both short term and long term across water usage, climate change and biodiversity.
- Monitor and report on each sites 5 Year Sustainable Development Plans
- Facilitate internal and external communications and ensure visibility as the company champion on sustainability issues.
- Develop measurement systems to ensure progress against sustainability strategies, objectives and performance targets.
- Build effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to support sustainability efforts.
- Facilitate an internal Sustainability Steering Committee to shape and oversee the Sustainability effort of the company.
- Ensure accuracy of environment data and manage the process for all environment assurance requirements.
Tertiary qualifications in an Environmental (Sustainability) field. Extensive experience in environmental and/or sustainable development within resources industry with preference for coal mining experience, which will be highly regarded. Knowledge of relevant State and Commonwealth legislation, including Commonwealth/State Offset policies. Strong collaboration and communication skills will ensure your success in this 12-month Maternity leave.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are?
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Inclusion and Diversity
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Wednesday 11 November 2020
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Anglo American Metallurgical Coal does not accept unsolicited applications from Recruitment Agencies.