WASH Field Officer
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
Under the supervision of WaSH Field Supervisor, the WaSH Field Officer (WaSH FO) is responsible to implement, monitor WASH activities and follow them up with the partners and beneficiaries providing WASH technical experience.
S/he will ensure that activities and reporting are completed within the allocated time frame, and to the quality standards and implementation mechanism stipulated in the project proposal, logical framework and in accordance with the project work plan.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1 : Supervise and implement access to water and sanitation activities at Informal Settlement level. (60%)
- Follow up installation of water tanks, latrines and centralize water systems at different sites working closely with the local partner, providing technical advice and WASH orientation.
- Monitoring water-trucking and desludging delivery (volume, quantity and system of delivering), working closely with local partners.
- Supervision of construction and rehabilitation at field level for septic tanks, grey water system, wastewater treatment system, or any rehabilitation related to the WaSH facilities and networks.
- Ensure the development of accurate Bill of Quantities (BoQs) and detailed technical drawings for all the WASH interventions
- Monitoring water quality (chemical and bacteriological) at different water points (water tanks, wells, household, etc.) and ensuring adequate chlorination of water provided through ACF.
- Informing and documenting the anomalies and the repairs carried out in the water and sanitation systems, and the material necessary for the programme’s activities.
- Ensure an integrated approach in the implementation of WASH infrastructure and hygiene promotion components, liaising with WASH Committees and other community structures to ensure appropriation of WASH infrastructures and services.
- Ensure timely completion of project activities according to the detailed implementation plan
- Communicate and coordinate with communities, municipality focal points, and other relevant field level actors on the daily implementation of tasks.
Objective 2 : Field monitoring, reporting and data collection. (40%)
- Following the weekly and monthly planning for the team, report back accurately on field level activities to the WASH Field Supervisor, ensuring compliance and efficient use of resources
- Identify and report possible problems, conflicts, contextual changes or gaps in WASH needs to the WASH Field Supervisor, proposing solutions where possible and pertinent
- Data collection and assessments of needs, potential new areas of implementation and technical feasibility of projects.
- Following and updating regularly the ACF WASH live database.
- Alongside the MEAL department, facilitate regular monitoring and evaluation activities for the field activities.
Objective 3: Security
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan, see to it that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols.
- Communicate to the security managers of the working location any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan
Objective 4: Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
- Promote gender equality within the humanitarian and/or development work