Economics Expert (EU WFD Implementation)
Project title: Technical assistance on preparation of river basin management plans for 6 basins - Turkey
Brief description of the project:
The overall objective of the project is to achieve good water status through implementing the EU WFD (2000/60/EC) and the related daughter directives.
The purpose of the project is strengthening Turkey’s capacity for the preparation of River Basin Management Plans in accordance with the WFD planned to be prepared for all basins by the end of 2023 which is stated as one of the closing benchmarks of the Environment and Climate Change Chapter.
Results to be achieved by the Contractor
- The main results to attain the Project objectives are:
- Progress was made on the fulfilment the closing benchmark of Environment and Climate Change Chapter through preparation of 6 RBMPs.
- Meeting water demand equitably for each sector was ensured by the preparation of 6 SWAPs based on sharing the benefits of water use rather than on sharing the water itself in 6 basins considering the effects of climate change and drought analysis.
- Legislation for strengthening the current institutional structure to apply the requirements of Basin Sectoral Water Allocation Plans was prepared.
- Institutional and public capacity was improved.
- Determination of Environmental and Health Impacts of the Implementation of Environmental Quality Standards in Doğu Akdeniz Basin.
Key expert 4: Economics Expert
The Economics Expert, the key full time expert, should have a solid background in projects related to the implementation of the WFD and other EU water quality sector requirements for economic aspects. The Expert will be responsible for all the activities related to the economic analysis in line with the WFD and also SWAP requirements.
The expert will also be in charge of ensuring the integration and consistency of the economic analysis to be conducted both under RBMPs and SWAPs.
Commencement date of the project: 1 February 2021 (tentatively)
Duration of the assignment: 42 months
Qualifications and skills:
- At least Bachelor’s degree in economics or other sciences related to assignment or equivalent;
- Good command of written and spoken English.
General professional experience
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience
Specific professional experience
- At least 2 basin level study in an EU Member State and/or candidate country in at least two of the following issues including its all aspects in river basin management planning: financial cost determination, environmental cost determination, resource cost determination, economic analysis of water use, cost recovery assessment, cost-effectiveness and cost-benefit analysis.