WASH Field Monitor
Save the Children is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill the position of WASH Field Monitor (5 positions) for Titukulane Project which is being implemented in Zomba; covering all Traditional Authorities. The role holder will be responsible for assisting the WASH Technical Coordinator through Program Integration Officers so that implementation of health and nutrition interventions reach the targeted households/beneficiaries in an integrated format. He /she will be working very closely with HSAs in the allocated catchment area in building capacity of Water Point Committees and Water Users Associations. The Health & Nutrition Field Facilitator will also assist the Coordinator in collecting relevant data from community groups, structures to feed monthly and quarterly reports. He/she will be responsible for collecting success stories from communities for sharing at sector as well as project level.
The incumbent will also link the community structures to the project. He/she will take leading role in facilitating the establishment of community health and WASH structures which will be used in the implementation of WASH project interventions.
Please note that the positions are based in a local village community and would suit those who are currently living in or close to the implementing villages; or are comfortable to live there.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Minimum of a Certificate in Community Development, Environmental Health or Public Health or any other certificate in a closely related field with not less than 2 years of experience in an NGO setup. Those with a Diploma in the mentioned fields will have an added advantage.
- 2 years’ extensive experience in community health, nutrition activities and community mobilization.
- Excellent communication and teamwork
- Excellent Volunteer motivation skills
- Very good supervisory skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft
- Windows/Word/Excel required.
- Must be motor bike rider with valid licence.
- Very good in identifying case studies and reporting the stories.
- Sound report writing skills
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.