U.S. nationals: Hydrologist (Computational Hydrological Informatics)
This position is located within the United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, National Sedimentation Laboratory, Watershed Physical Processes Research Unit in Oxford, Mississippi.
The incumbent provides direct professional support to integrate existing hydrological and related databases and identify and implement procedures for analysis of hydrology, topography, vegetation, and soil data in agroecosystems at landscape to regional and national levels.
Learn more about this agency
- Assists in the management of the quality and accessibility of hydrological and related data produced by long-term environmental and ecological research efforts.
- Provides assistance in organizing, reviewing and locating, a wide variety of hydrological, biophysical, ecological, and geographical information across various scales.
- Applies established technology in routine ways to well-defined, moderate sized projects, works in support of larger projects using less established technology.
- Designs web pages in consultation with scientists to communicate complex scientific results and make data products available to users ranging from other scientists to land managers to the interested public.
- Coordinates and implements data life cycle activities, including the development of project objectives, evaluation of the adequacy of existing data sources, creation and modification of hydrologic and related databases.
- Coordinates data acquisition, organization, and storage with the team having oversight over unit computer and network operations.